1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video released of Cleveland cop shooting 12 yr old with airsoft gun

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Nov 26, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So had they backed off and waited...And the kid had a real gun and started shooting at some kids exiting the rec center across the street, then people would be cool with that, since they didn't get all up in the kid's face, right?

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

This is so silly. If a kid had a real gun he wouldn't be ****ING PLAYING AT THE ****ING PARK!!!!!!

[​IMG]

You really think the cops had to drive onto the curb and pull up shooting at the kid? Of course the kid was spooked and reacted. you really expect a child's first reaction (under two ****ing seconds mind you) is to do nothing?

Our society is sick:(

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Also please link the details you allude to about a nearby rec. center where kids might be. Thanks in advance.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Are you really this dense? Or are you trolling? I hope its the latter.

If a kid found a firearm, where do you expect him to go play? Down to the gun range?
    If a kid finds a firearm, there is no telling what he will do with it. For the sake of all, please dont have kids!

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Where is this unwritten rule of the universe where a kid with firearm CAN NEVER BE AT A PARK EVER. AND WHY ARE YOU YELLING

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

So you think the proper way of dealing with a kid that found a firearm is to ambush him and shot him on the spot?

I don't understand how anyone can defend the police's approach to this situation.

7. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is this how we are going to handle every potentially dangerous situation now? Might as well shoot everyone and ask questions later. Let's just point a gun at you when you roll past a stop sign. You could have a gun. You could shoot the officer. Why even have negotiators or swat units?

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( I'm sorry, but I can't see iSht on that video but video-game style strafing (shooting in a circle).

Can't tell if there are warnings, if the boy does any move, if the cop says "stop or I will shoot you", etc.

Anyone who DOESN'T KNOW that pointing a gun at a police officer is grounds for getting shot on the spot shouldn't be even discussing this. There is no plausible way an officer can tell ALL the models of guns and ALL TOY guns to know which one is harmful.

Unlike the "Ferguson incident", this kid might not have committed a crime or might not have even caused any damage anywhere, but it's unclear what his intentions were... if he more than likely would have heard about the Ferguson deal... there's no reason for him to taunt the officers or even try to tease other kids about it.

I can't find it now, but there's a video out there of a friend of the dead kid who says he even told the boy to stop pointing the gun around and to put it away... has anyone seen that? :confused:

10. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

In his defense, I started the all caps thing to show emphasis, not so much to yell. My bad.

11. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

But that's not what happened here. He did have a gun. He was brandishing it in public, pointing it at people on the street. This wasn't some random kid. This was police responding to a request for help with a potentially deadly situation.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Adults? yes. 12 year old kid?

Remember being 12? Spitball fights. Pulling girl's pig tails. Fart jokes. Other random stupid ****.

13. No Worries

Or the intentions of the officer that shot the kid

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's more like 6-year old activity.

Pointing a realistic looking gun at people is a whole different level. Nerf guns, water guns, sure, but not airsoft/BB/pellet guns. And especially not in public.

15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

serious question. If a non-police officer did the same thing that we witnessed on this video would you be upset by it? i mean the exact same thing.

16. No Worries

Clearly you do not have a 12 year son or do not remember being in six grade.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's probably that of any other human, like you or me but with special training, to protect himself or shoot first... no time to analyze whether real or fake, man, was my point.
    At 12, most of us reading these posts knew to take an officer's command seriously when we were told to do something (even his friend told him to put it away)... even more so if we had a toy gun. Don't compare childish play with acting like a shooter... it's definitely NOT the same, dude. :eek:

18. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Car almost runs over the kid and under 2 seconds the cops gun him down. During those long 2 seconds the kid never pointed his toy at the cops.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Clearly you shroud the world on your own personal experiences. In the event that you have not noticed, the rest of the world is different from what you have experience.

For example, before the police arrived, they factually knew the following information:
    -It was a 12 year old
    -He was black
    -He had an airsoft gun
    -He came from a good family
    -He had no criminal past and he was not a problem kid
    -He was innocently sitting at the park, entertaining himself in the swing and having kid fun.

We know this because this is what NoWorries 12 year old son would have done.

I am at a complete loss of words why the cops would come flying up to him, guns drawn and a blazing at this poor kid. I sincerely believe they were racists and looking for a reason to kill a black person. How dare they pretend to not know the situation before pulling up? Personally, I think the town should riot, burn it down and demand the cop to be sentenced to death.

[removes sarcasm hat]
    This is what several of you guys in here sound like.

PS. This is me ****ing myself. TY

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If we are gonna make it ok to shoot a 12 year old because "he should have known better" we need to convict 12 year olds as adults correct?