1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Patterson's career night vs. Pistons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

LOL ATW, you stalking me? :p

I admit, I'm speaking out of my a$$ on this one. I've probably only watched a couple games this whole season, so I wouldn't know what he's all about.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He's a keeper unless he nets us a star or legit center.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Hey SCREW u

(I 1st coined the name on here ... :p )

Yeah it does sound VERY dumb. Which is EXACTLY why I went with it.

I like Old Man Rock's "Double Patty" name better, thats the winner.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Patrick at best is an above average power forward who will never make an all-star team.

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

haters gonna hate.

first season to judge? don't be a noob.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Whats wrong with an above average power foward who we drafted at 14th spot? He is a very solid young player that can develop into a good PF that we could use.

7. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

I really hope PatPat stays because he can be so vital to the future for the Rockets

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow, what a night for Patterson. He didn't look like a rookie out there. That series of spin moves in the lane on that one play made it look like Pat's been taking lessons from Luis. If he gets a lot of Scola's moves down, whoa! Patterson has the athleticism we wish our Argentine had and is coming along very well indeed. This time next season, Luis might start worrying about his starter's spot :cool:

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

So excited that the trade deadline is about the pass. More minutes for Patterson! (no more showcasing Hill)

10. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Add an inch or two, subtract the facial hair and substitute W/ goggles and you've got the modern day Horace Grant. Similar body, similar games and same number. I can see Patterson having a career like Horace statistically as well.

11. FullMetal Sage

You guys are severely overrating Pat after ONE game. Remember when Hill had a back to back good games last and this year? Star, All-Star, Keeper, etc. Lee and Bud had their great games at one point and they were untouchable at one point. All i'm saying is you guys have been praising young guys for the past couple of seasons, then they have a few bad games and you're calling for their heads.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dont recall that at all....Pat is a great player because he's shown he can be a closer at both ends of the floor...Only thing he needs to work on is his post moves...He can be like Zach Randolph but with defense....

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

That's a really good comparison. Obviously, there is probably a lot of posters who don't know or remember Grant but he was a VERY good player. Obviously not an all-star-caliber guy, but a hard-worker, good defender and rebounder, someone that can give you something offensively with an outside shot, and certainly someone that would be a good starter on a championship team.

I see what you're talking about but PPat hasn't shown JUST brief flashes of brilliance. He has consistently produced when given time AND shown those flashes. Again, he's not going to be an all-star guy, but he's already shown enough to warrant legit excitement.

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Thanks for the video.

All I know is, Patrick is solid and (almost) 22 years old.
    He has room for improvement and right now the future
    is bright as he is saying the right things and seems
    dedicated.

That "cookout" video a while back showed me something,
    Patrick is really focused and has it in him to be great.
    Even though it was a day off and everybody was laughing,
    goofing around, Patterson stood on the sidelines watching
    and just keeping quiet.

Quiet (humble) guys are the most dangerous and he showed
    in previous games his fundamentals are there. His shot looks always
    good, he has the moves inside and is strong. All he needs now is
    work on his hustle, all out Landry type hustle, rebounding and defense.

I'm thrilled about this guy and have been since he showed he can play.
    All he needs now is the minutes, lay it all out on the court and get some
    more playing time. This I hope will come this season after a trade maybe.
    If not, then next year. I don't want to be too bold but when and if Scola
    is traded, I expect Patterson to be our new starting PF.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I semi-agree with him. When I look at Patterson, I think of David West. David West is a damn good player.. but technically he's not someone you build around.

That said, trading David West before he became.. David West.. would be incredibly stupid and selling low. I hope we keep him through this deadline.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well I have one thing to say on Patrick Patterson. While I have tended to be critical of Morey lately. I do believe Patrick Patterson will end up being a better player than Favors will be. Thats something I said after the draft and before the draft. Patterson is gonna be a solid starter somewhere. Defense and offense is hard to find. Found in one player who also good fundamentals and understanding of the game as a rookies is even harder. This guy is already more advanced in all those areas over Jordan Hill. He will be twice to three times the player Jordan Hill is. So that guy is legit.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

and no I am not kidding. Patrick Patterson is gonna be better than Derrick Favors. Mark my words down if you like but teams should be all over this guy instead of Favors. I am glad we got him but with Scola here? Another Landry Scola situation is about to develop.

18. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Horace Grant made the all star team once...hopefully Pat will too.

19. Htown57

Htown57 Member

Clearly Pat has been paying attention to Scola's game. His release on the jumper is quick, his low post moves were good, and, most importantly, he is constantly moving and finding spots on the floor where he can be effective.

The one thing that NEEDS to happen is an improvement on the defensive boards. His offensive rebounding has been excellent, but he stands to improve using his body to get more rebounds on the defensive end.

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

WTF? You people think this guy's ceiling is McDeyss or Millsap? The dude's ALREADY that good, he can only improve from here.