1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Patterson Highlights vs. Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Zfan

Zfan Member

He's good. Those high post jumpers and passes reminds me how Chris Webber played in Kings.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Who did Morey compare Patrick Patterson to? Al Horford? Because I see it, except Patterson has a higher basketball IQ.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

4. plates300

plates300 Member

the pass he made to lowry after he dribbled into the paint was amazing. he looked like he was really comfortable backing his man down into the paint, very calm and controlled. and his defense on Davis was great as well. he moves his feet very well and doesn't pick up touch fouls. He has very good fundamentals and needs more minutes.

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Really like what I'm seeing out of PP up till now. The one thing I never realized about him when we drafted him was his size- is it just me, or has he really bulked up? I may be way off on this, but I'd venture to guess that he's bigger than Ben Wallace right now.

He has a nice touch on his jump shot, and for his size, his outside jumper has been exceptional. The one area of his game that I'd like to see him improve in is just playing with aggression. With his size, if he played with a chip on his shoulder, I think he'd be able to dominate smaller players. Also, as other posters have also pointed out, a nice post game would really help.

Right now his involvement offensively has been kick out jump shots and put backs from rebounds. I think over time you'll see him gain confidence and start taking it man to man more often, and I hope RA starts setting him up to get more opportunities to show what he can do.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I could watch Patterson set picks all day.

Like running into a pillar of granite.

7. devilsdandruff

the shoe actually look pretty nice except for the road traffic logo.

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

He reminds me of Charles Oakley just very fundamental, very quite, hard worker gets the job done. He seems comfortable in this type of offense. And i like what i've seen this far. The key thing for him to stay on the floor is consistency the more consistent he is, the more time he'll get.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

#49 v3.0, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011