1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Patterson consecutive baskets in fourth vs. Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2011.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Maybe y'all are looking at this the wrong way. Maybe the( coaching staff) is limiting his minutes for right now because they don't want to showcase him so close to the trade deadline. Who knows, maybe he would be an important part of trade where another team will only make a trade if ppat is involved but the rockets don't want to deal him. This is just another perspective but if his minutes don't increase after the deadline then I will start to put the blame on adelman.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You give Patterson some post moves, he's better. Not only does he play better defense, but he gets rebounds, and is less clumsy. Scola has one of the best, most fluid offensive post games in the league since Hakeem; but come on now. Don't be silly. He's a solid rotational player at best.

2Pat has a chance to be a VERY solid player.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I was being vague. Fine, I'll be more direct.

If you think Patrick Patterson will be as good as Blake, you are an idiot. That is why he has no chance at RoY. The minutes don't matter. Patterson is interesting, but he cannot singlehandedly revive a franchise like Blake has. So he will not be the Rookie of the Year no matter what even if he did receive more minutes.

As for Scola? He needs to bang more in the post and show some damn good offensive footwork to be better than Scola. I have been concerned with that, how Patterson has not been in the post as much as I would have liked from him. I want to see some of that from a PF and less jumpshots, before he's better then Scola, much less Griffin.

1 person likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It depends on how you would judge a player. Look at it this way. Both Scola and B. Griffin average 30+ mins. a game. They both also average double-doubles. Now, anyone here can honestly say that Pats would average a doulble-double if he were to play the same amount of time as the other two. Not as many points, but just as many rebounds. Where he has them beat is in the defensive department. Being able to stop the other team from scoring goes a long way.

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

2pat shakur

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

pat has shown that he can score in the post. he needs to do it more.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Per 36 minutes stats

Patterson: 12.7 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 1.6 BPG
    Scola: 20.7 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 0.8 BPG
    Griffin: 21.7 PPG, 12.3 RPG, 0.6 BPG

9. acjeitherocket

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Please read post again.

11. EjrRocket11

EjrRocket11 Member

I am really hoping PatPat does not get traded, he looks so much more mature than most rookies and I hope by next season hes in the starting lineup if not at least a big part of the rotation.. Morey do not trade this kid he will be a BEAST, Him, Chuck,Lowry,ish,Twill should stay anyone else I dont really care if we blow it up.. we aint going nowhere with our borderline,potential allstars

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hill: 12.8 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 1.5 BPG

I feel like Patterson is going to improve greatly, every single year.

I am really worried about Jordan Hill.

I hope he gets his head on straight this summer.

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Jordan Hill has all the physical tools to become an above average PF, but he is not being used in the right way by Coach Rick. Hill has shown some decent post moves but is playing too far out in the high post, which makes him look clumsy, because he is out of position and not being played to his strengths.

I might be wrong, but I am starting to believe that Coach Rick is not the right person to be in charge of this ball club.

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

What do you think is the "correct" way to use Jordan Hill?

I personally think Jordan Hill is a Center. And only Center. He is NOT a PF. He seems way to slow to be a PF and he does not have the smooth touch to be any kind of offensive utility for any team. He is certainly tall enough for a Center so why not play him like one, I say.

I do agree he is misused by Adelman, however. Adelman really likes his PF's to come out to the high post and organize the offense. But Hill is more of a low-post player and man, that's like asking Shaq to play Shooting Guard. Not gonna work lmao

15. RX2012

RX2012 Member

w22..jordan playing center would be a good idea. Probably needs to watch some Tyson Chandler video, don't forget to make your make your FTs.

16. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Such a sad state of affairs... this is what our highlight reel consists of these days... Rookies taking jumpers... FML

17. corrado

corrado Member

Well his +/- was -22 in just 16 minutes. Impressing.

Dont know why after this game people are saying he moved ahead of Jordan who had 3 blocks in 10 minutes. We kind of need shot blocking.

18. IzakDavid13

You answered the question for me. If coach put someone who is not a high post 'point forward' into that position to run your motion offence, he can't, the fans can't and DM can't hate on the guy for not producing what they want and expect. Coach is trying to teach him his way to play, in a motion offence system foreign to Hill, not utilizing the skills that Hill already possesses.

Trying to turn Hill into another Brad Miller.

Post him up, feed him the ball for lay ups & dunks, that is what he is good at. But Coach Adelman continues to try and push a square peg into the round hole.

Veteran players still have trouble learning the Phil Jackson Triangle, it can take up to a year & a half to learn it. The only difference is the PJ Triangle has won many rings, how many does the RA Motion offence have?

Agree?

19. IzakDavid13

I think we fans are expecting too much too soon from him. We all would love a 25-12 +3blks
    center, but Hakeem's & Yao's are pretty rare.

Jordan Hill & Pat have the ability to be solid double double guys in the near future, if they are focused and most importantly coached & used properly.

20. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Jordan Hill's biggest problem is the mental aspect. He might very well be a highly educated kid, but basketball IQ wise? Total dodo.

The reason he seems slow to you is because he doesn't know what to do on the court. Watch him on offense when Kyle is running the point. Kyle is constantly yelling at him and telling him where he needs to be. Watch him on defense, he's constantly thinking about what the guy he's guarding is going to do next. His confidence is shot and he's trying to think on the court. Major no-no! He has no feel for the game. Eventually he will understand the game, but until then he will just be a cause for frustration for whoever employs him.

In sports when you're thinking you ain't running.