1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Beverley stuffs Dirk Nowitzki

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2013.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Dirk-same sore loser pus&y - same as it always is.

2. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Bev can hustle, lovin Delfino's dramatic fall to the ground lol. He acted like Dirk raped him and left him for dead.

3. GIGO

GIGO Member

Didn't know where to add this earlier. Hope it hasn't been posted already.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>NBA's best rebounding PGs. <a href="http://t.co/u9J58sfG0L" title="http://i.imgur.com/cmFmvfg.png">i.imgur.com/cmFmvfg.png</a> #2 and #3 were total surprises to me.</p>&mdash; Ed Kupfer (@EdKupfer) <a href="https://twitter.com/EdKupfer/status/309517123254882304">March 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. GIGO

GIGO Member

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

heh!?? he had 3 rebounds the whole game and 1 in the 4th quarter on the offensive end with more than 8 minutes left.

Mavs shot 50% in the 4th, there were no big defensive stops that's why the lost. Mavs PG's were not wheeling and dealing anyway regardless of whether Lin or Bev were on the floor.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

it's cause the dude scored 0 points in a loss, who cares about a block that didn't matter.

You'd act the same way if Lin scored 0 points in a loss and someone put a nice clip of a random no look pass from the game.

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

This is stupid. There are no similarities in the two.

He's not being paid $25 million. He's a backup who's playing his butt off and chipping in in any way possible. And right now, he's shooting, defending, rebounding and hustling better than the guy in front of him.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Actual Rockets fans care.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

that's just silly, he may be hustling better, but the other categories no way. You cant say that after the guy is going 2-7 with 9 points over the last 46 minutes he's played.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

if you say so. I'm a Rocket fan who doesnt. Just like I wouldnt really care about Lin's block on Josh Smith if the Rockets ended up losing that game.

11. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Per36:
    PPG: Lin
    RPG: Beverley
    APG: Even
    SPG: Beverley
    toPG: Beverley
    FG%: Beverley
    3fg%: Beverley
    FT%: Lin
    ORtg: Beverley
    DRtg: Beverley
    WS/48: Beverley

Small sample size for Beverley, but it's all we have to go by. I'm not saying he's better, but all the stats above support the notion that he has indeed been doing many things better than Lin since he's put on a Rockets uniform.

12. yorkyufan

yorkyufan Member

Both of our PGs receive love that they probably shouldn't all because of LOFs.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If you say so.

14. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Funny.

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

nice video clutch thx. i am a beverly fan. but i don't like it when it used to bash our starter. it's pointless and laughable. Both PGS are progressing good.

16. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Unless I am missing something, it isn't being used to negatively portray Lin. In fact it is being used in defense of the whining about Lin not being in there because PB didn't score any points or dish out many assists. His impact was highly visible to anyone who watched the game....

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. HardLin

HardLin Member

So I loved this block by Beverley. But he was only in the paint because he gambled and abandoned Collision as Collision cut to the other side to set up for a 3. Beverley also gets a lot of rebounds, but that's a gamble also. If the gamble doesn't pay off he gets beat in transition. Normally PG's doing get blocks and rebounds, so if those numbers go up, it can be at the expense of other things.

Not to say I'm against it. Lin gambles quite a bit and gets a lot of steals as a result. I watch basketball for entertainment, and gambling PG's is much more entertaining to watch than PG's that play it safe. It's just that the cost of all those rebounds, blocks, and steals is an occasional defensive breakdown - and those can be annoying to watch.

Anyway, it's funny that Beverley was so worried about Parsons guarding Dirk in the post that he felt need to provide help defense :) Is this good defense, or "overhelping"? I don't know but its fun to watch :)

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That was a great play. It was a block: defense. It led to a foul and a technical. You only look at the final score, not the players' performance? Then be happy we have a good record right now!

Five star thread.

20. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised Delfino flopping thread.