1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video]Otis Thorpe Mix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 25, 2011.

1. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

It doesn't look like Joey Graham saw Nate either. My point is that all Nate Robinson's blocks have the surprise factor there. The other players did not even know he was coming. I call someone a good blocker only if he has the ability to block another player going for a dunk face to face.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Fact!

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That whole 94 title team was underratted, OT especially

He had a 8 year stretch from 86-94, he missed only 10 games (just one injury) and averaged 17 and 10 on 55% shooting, that's no simple role player. He took a lesser role in 92 when dream really took off, but he was a borderline all-star.

Sam Cassell went on to be an all-star player, Robert Horry was a major contributor on 7 championship teams

Even Kenny Smith, in the 6 years before the title he averaged 15 and 7 on 49% shooting. He averaged 18 and 7 in 91. Vernon Maxwell also averaged 17 points that year, Dream missed a chunk of the season.

Sure there where no other all-time greats on the 94 team. But there were great players who took a lesser role on a title team. I hate when they get compared to the Derek Fishers of the world as simple coat-tailers.

OT,Maxwell,Kenny,and Cassell coule have averaged 20 on lesser teams.

4. Illegal Machine

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Dream truly came into his own Rudy T reformed the Rockets to work around Dream. If I recall Otis Thorpe was an All Star one season and so was Kenny Smith prior to the championship years but the nature of the Rockets in 93 and 94 was to basically to support Dream.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How quickly we forget the Ivory Tower!

Jim Petersen has been the T-Wolves color commentator for several years and is still fairly well known here in MN.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I wish Patterson could become our new Otis Thorpe, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. What I liked most about Thorpe was he was tough and consistent night after night. You always knew what you were going to get from Otis.