1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video of Jeff Kent's Walk-Off in '04 NLCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by clutch citizen, Mar 25, 2011.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Pujol's homer off of Lidge was one of the biggest home runs ever, it silenced a rabid MMP fans and the building was completely quiet during the bottom of the 9th innin.g

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

everyone thanks you for that.

3. msn

msn Member

That is beautiful.

LOL @ "Waaaa waaaaaa. GO HOME!! GO HOME!!!!"

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Most odd and surreal moment in my life. Once Edmonds walked I was almost begging for Garner to walk Pujols to face Sanders.

Thank you Roy Oswalt!

5. msn

msn Member

It was huge in that it set up the most epic pitching performance in Astros history.

Pujols's next at bat will be forever etched in my memory.:grin:

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

it was weird too, it wasn't even the end of the game. The Astros had the bottom of the 9th left and were only down by 1 run I believe.

The crowd was silenced, the announcers were odd, and I felt like even the players were off, like they believed that the game was already over.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I was at that game too....god the feeling was sick. I was sitting in the same spot so i saw the ball completely blast off into space.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I remember turning to my friend right after the second out of the inning and said, "Dude, I can't believe we're about to go to the World Series.":eek: I was in the upper deck and I think I heard Pujols' footsteps as he rounded the bases. :mad:

9. rockets934life

I remember watching it at Champs sports bar, I was plastered and celebrating like a kid on xmas morning. When it happened I sobered up and so did most of the bar.

10. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Jesus, those were some good times. Seeing things like that make me even sadder at the current state of the Astros.

11. Franchize

Franchize Member

gives me goosebumps just watching it
    ahhh good times...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OlrFgQa4S2E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I always found it funny that the most beloved home run in Astros history happened in a series they lost, and the most infamous home run in Astros history happened in a series they won.

1 person likes this.
  13. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

The buzz in that stadium was amazing! It just so happened to be my Daughter's first game, it kind of scared her a bit when Kent hit that HR, lol.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Strange.... never thought of it that way.... but entirely true.

I don't think I've ever made the noises I made after Kent hit that HR. Pure involuntary shrieks of joy that likely could never be duplicated by an impromptu/spontaneous event such as that.

Eddie Johnson's buzzer beater was close... Elie's kiss of death right after that.... but Kent's was pure spontaneous elation.

15. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

God, I miss playoff baseball.

16. rockets934life

This thread got me thinking about that season and all the freaking talent we had. I mean the lineup had 3 potential HOFs(Bags, Biggio and Kent) and 2 all-star guys(Beltran and Berkman) while the rotation had an all-time great and one of the best pitchers in the game along with the most dominant closer in the game, at that time. If Andy or Wade had been healthy that year, we probably go to the series but having to start Pete Munro in game six was a killer although we still had a great chance to win that game until FREAKING Dan Miceli came in the game.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

THIS.

I got emotional watching that 13min one on Mig's site....to the point where I was pissed at Morgan's DP. I forgot that's how that inning ended.....but I felt it coming.

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

That HR overshadowed the pitching of Brandon Backe and Woody Williams, both had shutout innings till their respective closers came in.

I remember coming home from work that night, and RIGHT when I got in to look at the TV, Kent hit the homer, that was an awesome feeling. Can't imagine how I'd be if I was at the game.

I loved how animated Kent was when rounding the bases, he was always the quiet guy in the locker room since he didn't mingle with others, just came to work and did his job. Just made that scene so much more special

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

That's what it's all about. Kent looked like a little kid that got exactly what he wanted for Christmas. The joy he showed after throwing that helmet right before home plate is the feeling everyone plays for.

I can't believe how stacked that team was. It really pains me to see the current state of the Astros. I can't wait til this team is sold as long as they stay in Houston

20. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

DAMN! You just had to bring it up didn't ya! ;)

You are spot on with that post man.