1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Motivation ft. Shane Battier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RAID, Sep 30, 2006.

1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

2. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

that dude's got some sticky fingers.

3. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

One thing I notice is that he has a very quick release on his jumpers. If he can put up high percentages when shooting 5-7 3s per game, he will be the perfect fit for this team.

4. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Gemo80Qhps"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Gemo80Qhps" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:eek: :D

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Anyway we can download the Battier vid?

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

There's a firefox extension called video downloader that allows you to download youtube videos

7. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Well I guess Gay wasn't too gay when our Steve Novak single-handedly beat Gay's UConn team earlier this year.

Novak: 37 MIN, 41 PTS (12-20 FG, 11-11 FT, 6-13 3PT), 16 rebounds (5 OFF, 11 DEF), 2 AST, 2 TO, 2 STL, 1 PF
    Gay: 29 MIN, 8 PTS (3-12 FG, 2-2 FT, 0-3 3PT), 7 rebounds (3 OFF, 4 DEF), 5 AST, 5 TO, 1 STL, 5 PF

#27 wnes, Oct 1, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  8. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

even Gay could become a great player in 3-4 years, i'm happy we got Shane, he is a player we need, and we have a great team now, so pumped for the new season!

9. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

3-4 years? More like you will be regretting this trade in 3-4 months.

10. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

even Gay could become a great player in 3-4 years, i'm happy we got Shane, he is a player we need, and we have a great team now, so pumped for the new season!

11. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I think the biggest impact he will have is drawing those charges so that Yao Ming doesn't have to. It may sound like a small thing, but with the way Yao was playing when healthy last year, the only thing that could stop Yao was foul trouble.

Gay - Yeah, I like the kid. But ya'know, Swift can put up one heck of a highlight reel as well. :p

12. SunsRocketsfan

people keep comparing swift to gay.. but that is r****ded.. swifts game just looks clumsy.. poor shot . no post ups. no bball IQ.. gay on the other hand has decent form... seems more in control when he dribbles and even from the highlights seems like he plays with more passion. .swift does amazing dunks.. but lacks any kind of flare and passion and fire in him.. anyways i like the trade for now. but i think gay has potential to be something special.. well time will tell

13. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Isn't "MemphisX" the one who was putting the same Gay video into multiple unrelated threads?

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

looking at the vid, i was somewhat suprised at this. whenever the ball was swung around the arc, he immediately went up for the three. no hesitation. great.

was getting tired of alston, head, bowen, or whoever passing up open shots when they were open as hell and yao/tracey working hard drawing double teams to get them those shots.

looking forward to battier.

as geeimsobored mentioned there is a firefox extension for it called... you guessed it... video downloader.

#34 OmegaSupreme, Oct 1, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  15. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

How about:

Jeff's system makes the games ugly

Shane fits in with Jeff

16. DynastySS

DynastySS Member

That video is not impressive though :confused: Stromile Swift has much better dunks, and we all know how he turned out...Congrats on having two Stromile Swifts on your team.

Anyways, I will take you up on your sig. I bet you $20 dollars it does not come through for you. I will paypal you the money if I lose. However, if you lose, you must send me $20. Fair deal?

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Newsflash: You can take practically any player in the NBA and make a highlight video. To even get to the NBA, with the exception of a few (cough Ryan Bowen cough), you have to have unique physical skills and talent. The video we watched from Swift last year was equally as impressive.

We weren't going to pick Rudy Gay anyway, so the whole point of who got the better of the trade is pointless.

18. RioGrando

RioGrando Member

DAMN! That kid can dunk! I hope that works out for you.

19. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Thanks for sharing, MemphisX. Though I have watched this many times here in this forum, it's still very impressive. Oh talking about dunk highlights, we have a kid here fighting for the 15th man in our roster, here's his highlight, enjoy. :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FpEPl_qEh7U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FpEPl_qEh7U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

20. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

if you still want to talk about the gay/battier trade, why dont we point out the fact that gay was supposed to dominate in his last year of college, but failed to do so.

this trade has already been done with so why would it matter if he becomes a superstar or not? in the draft of 84' we had the chance to draft MJ but we chose hakeem instead. i dont hear anyone else complaining about that...?

LETS ALL WAIT FOR 06-07 season and stop discussing the issues that have been over analyzed..