1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] Morey Pre-Draft Press Conf. 1560 The Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, Jun 24, 2009.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Soooo....

Are the chances of draft day deals looking seriously remote right now or is it just me?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

The only draft day deal you should expect is for a pick. No players. Im still holding out on a Stoudemire trade happening but with rumors flying like crazy, I dont know. Shaq is probably off to Cleveland, Thunder are considering trading #3 overall to Phoenix and then that would lead us with..I dont know, things wouldnt look good for us on that front. But I'll have to be patient and see what happens.

3. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

One more day and all these scenarios will fall into its place. It is best not to expect rather then expect and end up getting disappointed if things do not go the Rockets way. The anticipation is nerve wrecking and that what makes it fun as a fan as the possibilities are probably countless.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes very true. Maybe I'm expecting too much but Im not going to expect nothing as you said.

5. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Expecting something or nothing just enjoy the situation. :D

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha Im expecting something but I know nothing major is going to happen so its better to expect nothing. And I'm trying to haha. Its kinda hard to. :)

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey was channeling Wade Phillips ... talked a lot about nothing. :D

8. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Like a good poker player. :D

9. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Just curious, how long have you followed Morey? I'm presuming years before he was affiliated with the Rockets.

But since he apparently does these pre-pre-draft pressers can you explain why he didn't know yesterday where the official draft party's being held?

I mean, he's promoting a draft in which we have no pick, and likely are to get a scrub anyway, but we planned a pre-pre-draft presser to announce nothing?

Sure, we do that every year.

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would he know where the draft party is being held? That's more of a marketing department thing.

A lot of teams hold pre-draft press conferences. For example, the Lakers http://my.lakers.com/blogs/2009/06/24/mitch-kupchak-draft-presser/

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

yeah i was like, are you serious Daryl? you probably said it just for the media right?

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Morey should of just been honest and said

"McGrady is a guy that can give you 23million or so"

13. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Daryl can blow smoke up your ass and you will take it and not remember the question in the first place. He's a magic man.

14. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

watching this video put me to think one thing that daryl and the hole rockets organization is wating to see a hole healthy team to convince himself if they are good or bad

we have good role players we have three stars sooooo..... let's wait

maybe they were seking in free agency two or three role players more

15. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

I feel like come tonight Morey will pull something because he is very Gifted

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/twpLBvg03YI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/twpLBvg03YI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Okay I just wanted a reason to post that song because it is stuck in my head

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Raheel, from what you've gathered and/or what you've heard, do you think McGrady is moved tonight or in the near future?

17. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

In my opinion T-mac will not be a Rocket opening day

18. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Tmac will likely not be a rocket soon.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I know everyone's THOUGHT it, and some have even asserted this, but when you say it, it feels like Christmas morning, and I'm 8 yrs old again. :D

Just hope we get something good in trade.

20. acjeitherocket

thx 4 postin..good info

sorry..i saw this pic and i had to post my vid lol
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsVz5V1KC4k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsVz5V1KC4k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>