1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] Morey Pre-Draft Press Conf. 1560 The Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, Jun 24, 2009.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Well spoken. I don't know which abject adoration is the more pervasive on the board -- that for Morey or Obama.

Morey more or less said he didn't get a deal done, where San Antonio, Minnesota and others did.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think you guys are right a deal fell through, that is why he called a press conference, then had nothing to talk about.

DD

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I don't know... seems like if it had gotten that close, some info would have come out from the other team as well. Did anyone cancel a press conference or end up saying nothing for no reason about the same time? Maybe he has a couple of deals cooking and wants someone to sweeten the pot.

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

@rimrocker

I think Morey expected a deal to be done, but it either didnt get done in time, or it will not be getting done, as previously expected by Morey.

No way he calls this JUST for what he said.

5. Puff

Puff Member

Morey calls this presser every year. This was scheduled well in advance...

This is a pre draft presser.

Fight the power

1 person likes this.
  6. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

Thanks for clearing that up!

cmiller

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep this was a state of the draft pc. At the end you can hear someone ask if they can do it again tomorrow. That was probably said in jest knowing what they will be doing this time tomorrow, but still it is just an update on where they are with the draft. THe T-Mac, and other non draft trade info was only mentioned because someone asked about it. The info Morey lead with was draft stuff and he never initiated any player for player trade talk, that was all reporter lead.

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm sure Morey was shocked by the questions.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

nothing new.

morey is right. this is one of the weakest drafts EVER. i don't know why he's so adamant about getting a pick. i prefer we get an established player.

from what morey said, tmac's return is so uncertain. it's time to let him go. just trade him geez. we hear from tracy and a few from what morey said that he could play at the start, but then morey said middle or end or never. just trade the guy so we won't have this cloud over us next year about when he returns.

10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nuno & Raheel,

What is your overall take?

11. Puff

Puff Member

My overall take is, "In Morey We Trust."

We has an uncanny ability to make the right move... I think there are several potential situations out there... Some sooner than others, some we have to be patient with... I don't think he is staying status put...

12. Puff

Puff Member

bad typing, staying put is what i wanted to say...

Hardisty rocks

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow good thing your media is radio and not print :D

14. worzel gummidge

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/krK7Q49o6uA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/krK7Q49o6uA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

So Nuno, do you know any of these "potential situations or scenarioes" without giving out info? Maybe what teams are involved? If not thats ok. Otherwise, what would you say the chances are a deal happens tomorrow?

16. blender

blender Member

Dork Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant s***t to me.

Just joking. Thanks for the clearup.

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

For Morey, I think this draft is all about picking up some "player assets" for cash, or by saving someone some cash, that can increase his ability to "upgrade the team." The more player assets he has, the better deals he can make, to perhaps bring us closer to contender status. When you are near the luxury tax, it's harder to able to use cash to get more assets. Even if he doesn't like any players in this draft, buying draft picks is good, either to trade them again for future years, or to include those economical rookies in upcoming trade opportunities. His point that its primarily a buyers market, with more sellers than buyers is very good, and why he's in a predatory mood, ready to pounce.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good post. Its all about upgrading your overall talent and stockpiling assets ie.(Donte Greene).

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The fact that Morey says McGrady is available if a good deal comes up speaks volumes. It seems most of the time a team will say "we are not trading him" publicly when referring to a superstar that is rumored to be traded while they wheel and deal to get rid of him behind the scenes. To me, Morey admitting McGrady is gone if a good deals comes up says that he is almost certainly already gone or they intend for him to be soon.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Nice job, Chuck. :D