1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Metta World Peace slap/elbow to Jeremy Lin's face -- inadvertent?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2012.

?

Was this an accidental slap/elbow to Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes

95 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. No

201 vote(s)
    67.9%
  1. monster

monster Member

Completely intentional. He just can't shake the thug instinct in him. What a punk. I wish Royce would come back, just for one game, and put in some work to earn his check.

2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Whoever thinks this wasnt intentional must have not played Basketball before.

3. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Meta: "You Mo'****in BIATCCCCH!!!! HOW DARE YOU STOP MY LAYUP!!! DIE!!! BIATCH ASS MODDAFUKKAAAA!!!" *swings arm wildly*

Two seconds later.

"Oh crap, man, did I accidentally catch you? Sorry bro, you okay there Jeremy?" *Points to halo above his head.*

MWP is just an angry dude.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think he swung intentionally, but did not mean to hit Lin in the head.

5. booster rocket

Actually, MWP was a big fan of lin last year even screaming 'LINSANIITTTYY!!!" throughout the lakers locker room after waching lin hit the game winning shot in toronto. LOL!!!! I actually think it was an instinctive elbow from him. And it just so happened to hit lin. All good. Makes the new kids on the block a little bit tougher for next years playoff run.

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

There was no flop ..Kobe pretty much bowled over Lin trying to get to the ball.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ron Ron is from New York. Just giving Lin some Queensbridge love. Like Mobb Deep

1 person likes this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

Bill Worrell is funny..

9. jocar

jocar Member

An accidental reflex.
    The same way our arms unconsciously shoot forward to save us from hitting the ground when tripping, Artest's arm swings Guile roundhouse backhands to cold clock and lay out any fool who steps up to him.
    Not his fault!

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont think so, I still love ron ron

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I like Ron artest and still do but that was obviously intentional. Seriously, flailing your arms? Momentum? Lol, no way. That was a cocked elbow aimed at whatever was behind him.

That's the way he is and has always been. It's rather naive to see it any other way, luckily it wasn't really that bad. Even if he had no prior history, Id find it hard to believe that it was unintentional.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That's because it didn't happen. Kobe barreled into him, there was absolutely no flopping.

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

**** Ron Artest.

14. TISNF

TISNF Member

It's a reach. Unintentional. Artest or not, let's stop feeding into the pussification of the sport.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Mr Malice in the Palace strikes again!

16. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Member

I was about to say the same thing. I still ball twice a week, and that was intentional. No doubt about it. Even going that fast, the noise, the concentration, that swing was on purpose.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bi-polar sequence

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I love Metta and believe the elbow that got him in trouble last time was actually a heat of the moment inadvertent thing... but no one swings their arms like that after trying to score with the same arm.

My man did that on purpose, probably didn't intend to hurt Lin but was definitely reacting like he wanted to send a message.

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I honestly believe the Harden elbow was on accident, but this time it was intentional. It's probably a reflex for him to lash out when he's frustrated or mad. When he realized it was Jeremy he hit though he looked like he regretted it.

20. Peaceful Elbow

It's so obvious he was trying to swing at someone. Happened to be Lin.