1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Video) Melo Workouts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-Town Melo, Jul 24, 2018.

1. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

1v1 is just not giving anything too useful, you have unlimited space and there are no help defenders. So even if it is nice that he can beat them here and there, it doesn't really say anything about what he may or may not be able to do during the season for the Rockets

jboslett likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Chris Paul was why we were up 3-2.

Lack of offense from secondary players is why we lost the series.

Defense was good yes, but Melo isn't as bad as people think in a switching scenario.

clutchdabear and ashleyem like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Have you really been at ClutchFans for a year? If you have, then you must know that you will never get everyone to agree about anything. Seriously. Anything! If a flying saucer landed outside the ToyBox, with little green men coming out and waving at everyone and the media covering it like a blanket, with members reporting live from downtown that they are seeing it happen with their own eyes, a large percentage of the folks here would flatly declare that it isn't happening, those aren't little green men, they're confused St. Patty"s Day revelers, and the flying saucer is a new fire engine being displayed by the Houston Fire Department.

I suggest getting over people not agreeing with you, like yesterday. It happens to everyone multiple times over the course of posting at ClutchFans. Heck, people ardently disagree with our fearless leader, @Clutch, often enough. Does he get upset about it? Not that I can tell, and certainly not publicly. I'll add that it's dishonest to say you aren't "attacking" anyone, when you've become increasingly defensive and a bit upset right here in this thread, in my opinion. And that's OK! You ought to relax. Your guy is coming to Houston and the odds are decent, in my opinion, that he'll surprise a few people by actually playing well. This is the time to be joyous if you're a Melo fan, not defensive, in my humble opinion. Revel in you time. The season will reveal all soon enough.

DonKnock, clutchdabear and payaso like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What is this.... "agree" word that you people are using...

5. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Not when you’re only playing with 2 dribbles. That’s why it actually tells you a little bit but obviously not much.

All it shows is he’s working hard, his body looks good and he’s competing right now.

No one should have find any faults in these vids by then again it’s Melo so.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah, it wasn’t just Chris Paul...defense played just as big of a role...the defense in our 3 wins was great, not just good

How many teams have u seen hold GS to 92 and 94 points in consecutive games?

Rockets didn’t even come close to beating GS in that series when they were giving GS their usual 110+ ppg

7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I don’t mind disagreements I just hate the personal attacks. I disrespect no one and keep it strictly basketball. Debates are good but when you stray away from ball talk it gets ridiculous so I just let those guys have this thread and have fun bashing Melo.

8. payaso

payaso Member

Rockin' the Iceberg Slim motif is self-refrigerating, dontcha know?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol defense was not just good, it was amazing.

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. bongman

bongman Member

who doesn't even have an official Rockets jersey :)

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Chris Paul wasn’t even that good in game 1, and he was atrocious in game 3...game 2 was much more about all our role players ballin out than it was CP3

CP3 was good in game 4 and the 2nd half of game 5...defense was the #1 reason we were up 3-2

red5rocket and clutchdabear like this.
  12. tmacfor35

You do realize that Chris Paul's ability to control the tempo every second he was out there disrupted GSW and their flow. Chris's ability to slow the game down and limit turnovers prevented GSW from playing a faster pace.

GSW will make shots on you every time.

The defense was really good, but there was also a ton of communication problems that existed and the Rockets got back in the series by making KD be the number one option along with the CP3 effect.

CP3 was the best player in the series. He handed off the baton with a 3-2 Rocket lead.The team ultimately failed due to role players who were ineffective offensively in game 6 and 7 when it mattered most. Chris is still responsible for the team that last eliminated GSW in the western playoffs.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude, the defense was a team effort and was pretty much the biggest reason we were up 3-2...not sure why you’re trying to dispute that

GS will make shots, but u still got to slow them as much as possible. Is it a coincidence that we got destroyed every time they got their usual 110+ ppg in that series? CP3 was out there when we gave up 119 and 126 and got waxed.

Rockets give up 110+ and get destroyed in every game whether or not CP3 is out there...Rockets hold GS to 105 or less and win each game or lose by single digits...

him being the last player responsible to knock GS out of the playoffs means nothing to me when that happened all the way back in 2014 when GS didn’t have KD and was being coached by Mark Jackson...they won 51 games that year, and Draymond Green wasn’t even a starter back then (started 12 out of 82 games)...GS finally inserted him into the starting lineup in game 4 of that series...

YOLO likes this.
  14. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

You guys will never agree on why you were up 3-2

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. blackistan

blackistan Member

Oh shii lets get hyped

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Man there shouldnt even be an argument about this, it was the defense plain and simple. If anything we won in spite of our offense. Lol...that might be an exaggeration though

17. tmacfor35

Warriors had an ORating of 114 for the series.

Pace of play had more to do with it then pure defense.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

No it did not, I dont usually disagree with advanced stats but if you think it was more about pace of play than defense then you just werent watching.

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

little preview ( i know its old)

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, because we gave up 119, 126, and 115 in 3 out of the 7 games...all games that we got worked in

what’s far more important is what their offensive rating was in our 3 wins

win #1: 105.8
    win #2: 102.4 :eek:
    win #3: 102.2 :eek:

according to bball ref...their offensive rating in games 4 and 5 would’ve been the worst offense in the NBA during the regular season, and in our game 2 win, their offensive rating would’ve qualified as bottom 5...that is what our defense did to GS

games 3 and 5 were played at a bottom 10 pace, and we still gave up 126 and 115

#180 Reeko, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    clutchdabear, Deckard and YOLO like this.