1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Luis Scola attempts a facial dunk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Scola4life

Scola4life Member

You're forgetting his most memorable dunk against the dream team in the Olympics semifinals in 2004 (11:00 mark)! I was almost crying that day

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V5KQEMhONbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Are you referring to my comment or just the "got hung" part?

Getting hung just means getting blocked by the rim. coming up short and pinning the ball on the rim on a dunk attempt..

As for my comment, i was asking if Scola's dunk attempt came before or after Cousins got blocked by the rim. The reason i ask is because that may have urged Scola to try it, if he had just seen Cousin get a flat tire earlier...

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

According to the data posted, Scola only missed one dunk in his entire NBA career.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he only recorded one or two dunks his entire NBA career......
    Maybe stats can surprise me.... but it has to be lower than five.

5. returningfan

returningfan Member

So getting hung is basically a failed dunk attempt - ball makes contact with the rim but does not go in? Thanks so much. So much to learn.

Dare I ask what is a hand-check - that is no longer allowed?

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why so serious.... :cool:

8. nemac

nemac Member

Scola dunk at 1:30

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Imz-vo5KQLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Why so useless?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I love that video (thanks, R2K and Hayesfan!). Such a great team. In some ways, this team reminds me of that one. Without the stars, of course, but maybe deeper one through nine, with the same spirit.