1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Las Vegas Police high speed chase and shootout (body cam)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Svpernaut, Jul 17, 2018.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Wow, I never realized they would shoot from inside the car through the front windshield, that was intense. Agreed, these guys don`t make enough money for that kind of work

Invisible Fan, Kim and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Seemed a bit irresponsible. His first shots were when there was a UHAUL right next to the SUV. 3 moving vehicles while shooting through glass seems to me a bit unpredictable. With that said, man that was like something out of a movie. Need to insert Bad Boys Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do....music

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I am for more of these types of videos being released. Let these punks and things realize that cops will use deadly force.

(Insert BLM here)

Uprising likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It would be an absolute **** show if anybody here, myself included, were to be put under that situational duress and our job was to apprehend the bad guy with no abandonment. Im sure our judgement wouldve been as easy as looking through a youtube video....

Sajan likes this.
  5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Intense. great execution, glad the cop wasn't hit.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn! That was wild. Add me to the list of those who wouldn't have that job for love nor money. That officer was focused. 2 or 3 other cars ended up getting involved, but he was the one there at the end. Wow.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure shooting through the windshield is SOP, but it seems to have been effective. Thankfully no one that matters got hurt.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That cop was about as cool under fire as you see -- well done.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The windshield shots were completely ineffective. Nothing happened until he got up beside them. Once a 9mm goes through a windshield it won't even penetrate a seat back much less body panels, a seat back and then a person.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

11. Bandwagoner

so you are saying..............?

Was this just windshield shooting p*rn?

12. donkeypunch

I'm saying I would likely volunteer you to stand behind a windshield in a live shooting example to prove your theory right.

Sajan likes this.
  13. Bandwagoner

Oh OK. Is that the only way to test terminal ballistics? I'd love to see how his first shot (that actually went through the windshield) would perform on ballistics gel or even a seat back, but the fact it veered off 20 MOA probably precludes that.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

Sure there is, but the fact that you said it wouldn't penetrate a seat back. The video shows it going through a windshield and then wood. Theres not a metal plate thats in a seat. Its just wires metal and cushioning.

That first bullet missing by that margin is the biggest concern but shooting at a large target, such as the whole back side of a vehicle changes the scenario. The shots after were on target due to the integrity of the glass being weakened so the shots were effective.

15. Bandwagoner

Come on man. Unlike the cop in a high speed chase, that elderly man was sitting still shooting at a paper target. He put the next two through the same hole, not through the windshield again like cop.

Source on 9mm seat back 1. bullets through windshield

[​IMG]

Go through the extremely tough paper target

[​IMG]

Unable to penetrate 1980's foam seat back

[​IMG]

I think the best evidence is the video itself. Very clear nothing happened as a result of windshield shots. When he pulled up beside them, they noped right out.

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Pretty risky move by the cop, to shoot right through the windshield. I'd agree with bandwagoner on this, doesn't seem like any pistol caliber has the power to push through several materials and still remain "effective" at the final target. The aim too, shooting a pistol for aim on the move, at a moving target more than 50 ft away through those multiple materials WHILE DAMAGING YOUR LINE OF SIGHT!!!!! And wasting bullets, that reload when he got out of the car was intense. Even to say well he definitely hit the backside of the truck well whooptydoo. I did think it smart of him to reconsider the lefty-out-the-window attempt.

I salute him though. I sure ain't doing that **** and I'm glad he came out unscathed to fight more crime for us.

17. donkeypunch

Were they using subsonic ammo or something?

In this video, you see a 9mm bullet go through "extremely tough paper target", plywood and then through the metal of the stand. I have one question for you, would you volunteer to sit in that seat behind the windshield for a test firing of a 9mm?

18. Bandwagoner

subsonic ammo, which is typically heavier projectiles at a lower velocity with the same energy have greater penetration through barriers. The bullets deform/fragment less and punch through.

I love your definition of "plywood" but I must note the lack of seat backs in these videos. At least you didn't argue about the elderly man shooting through the same hole, so looks like we have progress.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good way to get a cop car stolen lol.

20. donkeypunch

Good point.
    Im not above admitting if someone is right in certain context. Im also mainly having a discussion about whether or not a bullet through a windshield is effective.

Plywood or not it was some kind of wood material and if that bullet also went through metal, albeit probably thin metal, it would likely go through human flesh. The one variable Id like to think of with the seat is the amount of flexibility and absorption of energy with the bullet in your example. We know that bullet loses a lot of energy after the initial windshield contact but it would still be effective in the context of wounding a person. Like I asked, would you volunteer to sit in that seat for a test firing?