1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kyle Lowry big plays vs. Sixers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 22, 2012.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Meh, that charge was a little bit of a flop, but he was still in position and anticipated it well. Young could have backed him all the way to the basket if he wanted to, so Lowry did the only thing he could do to stop it.

On the other end, Thaddeus Young was not in position. Definitely a blocking foul.

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

That *flop* offensive charge Kyle took was probably to even out the other call on one of the 76ers when the said wingman dribbled into Parsons and another Rockets player, tripped and got two shots out of it. (that same 76er player later stepped out of bounds) I can't remember his name though but I'm glad we pulled out the game. Kyle did take some contact so at least it wasn't 100% flop.

3. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

lol. lou williams

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how any of those are flops...

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's a flop alright. And Violet probably heard what an angry Lowry could do to a female ref. :grin:

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree with durvasa. You never want to root for a flop, but when he found himself guarding Young in a mismatch in the post, that was the smartest play to make right there. You attempt to take a charge because any other situation the odds are stacked WAY against you successfully preventing a bucket there. Yeah he embellished a little, but so did Young after Lowry fell (he could have just gone for the shot rather than falling down trying to get the call himself). And yes I would be pissed if it happened to the Rockets--say Chris Paul against Luis Scola.

But see, this gets back to my original point--on the court, at that moment, Lowry was the BEST player on the court. Doesn't that feel awesome to say? The NBA is a perceptions-based league, and now we have someone who is going to get the benefit of the doubt at the end of the game. At home at least. But that's a lot better than last year when we lost almost every close game down the stretch I felt because we didn't have a "go to" guy, which is to say that we didn't have anybody with a reputation. Now Lowry does, and now we have a chance to pull these close games out more often.

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

anyone have a vid of that crazy Parsons 3 at the shot-clock buzzer in the 4th?

8. jocar

jocar Member

Boozer has telekinesis

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Kylowrannosaurus Rex? BEAST MODE!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He'll get charged to Battery Mode.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. HorneR

HorneR Member

All I know is, Lowry needs to take more of those stop and pop midrange pull ups.

He rarely takes 'em, but he consistently makes the few he does. Honestly, he could be a 20ppg scorer if he took more of an Andre Miller approach to the midrange.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Blatant flopping. That was disgraceful.

Stop defending him just because he is a Rocket. It is embarrassing.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lowry is getting superstar calls now ;)

15. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

right.

I hate when people say i'm not a real fan if I don't ride the homer train. Clearly flopping on that charge. Violet Palmer as we all have been stating for years, is by far and large...the WORST ref, ever.

16. SwellyExpress

SwellyExpress Member