1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video]Kobe Bryant 81 points

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Sep 21, 2011.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Injuries are a part of the game, but they affected Mcgrady always at the wrong time. And if Mcgrady wasn't injured Yao was. If Yao was healthy, Mcgrady was injured. It takes a team to win championships. Mcgrady is just one player. Out of all the playoff teams Mcgrady was on he was only favored to win one of them I believe. Put Magic or Bird on those sorry teams Mcgrady was on and I bet they don't win a championship.

2. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

You mean he put the ball in YM's hands and prayed him score. And had a no contested layup when the game's in the garbage time?

3. goodbug

Maybe, but they'd easily pass first round. Since when passing first round = championship?

4. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

hm... T-Mac had a 13 assists there. For example it Kobe's playoff career high and it wasn't even the highest mark for T-Mac that series

You are wrong

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Your post makes Chuck Hayes feel unhappy:grin:

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Really? That game Mcgrady had 29 points, 13 assists, and 5 rebounds. Yao had 29 points, and 6 rebounds. Are you kidding me? Our freaking 7 foot 6 inch center had only 6 rebounds in the whole game??? Oh wait, not just any game, game 7 of a playoff series.

I'm just saying you can't put the blame on T-mac alone. Down the stretch of that game they doubled T-mac like crazy and none of the other Rockets could make a shot. And on top of that Yao couldn't grab a damn rebound. Hell Juwan F-cking Howard had 7 rebounds that game. Come on...

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't.

You have to win a series in the first round.

Then you have the semi final series.

Then you have the conference championship series.

Then finally after winning 3 hard fought rounds of the playoffs, you make it to the NBA Finals, when you face the best team from the other conference.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Thank God we have tinman to explain how sports works. :rolleyes:

9. goodbug

I am not wrong. Kobe scored 10 points in 4th quarter in game 7 2010, just good enough to win. He always stepped up and worked hard in that situation. He's never gonna force feed Gasol and prayed. At the end of the day, what matters is the result. Kobe had different ways to win, TMac had different ways to win excuses.

10. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I can blame T-Mac for missing some free throws there, maybe even for triples, but he felt that it wasn't a good shooting night for him so he started to drive and was effective... And I probably shouldn't blame him for not settling the perimeter game.

T-Mac played a good game in terms of efficiency but I can understand your feelings, because we all saw how he could score 40+ in a regular basis in playoffs, but those Tracy wasn't as injured as he was after 06'

He wasn't the same player

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

It's obvious to you and me, but to some heartless people on here it's hard to comprehend.

12. goodbug

TMac had good stats but he didn't perform in the 4th quarter.
    Rox opened the 4th quarter down 8, TMac on bench, Yao led 2nd unit to comeback and led 5 points by 5.

Rox were the better team, HCA, and Rox lost that series, and somehow it's not TMac's fault. Is it TMac or his fanbois who need some ball to admit the failure

13. tinman

Supporting Member

He was a pretty good player when the Rockets got him, the first 2 years right?
    The Rockets didn't trade for an inferior player, we knew that his scoring would go down if he played with a player like Yao because Yao has to touch the ball right?

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

McGrady had 8 points and couple of assists in the fourth and missed just one free throw, one triple and two mid-range jumpers. You can't blame the guy for this kind of fourth quarter, especially when Yao was aggressive and Jeff said to use him more and try to foul out Memo Okur, get him out of the game and take away that missmatch

15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

And Yao couldn't rebound in the 4th quarter. He makes a couple rebounds and we win. Your point?

16. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

If he had 1-7 shooting quarter, three turnovers and couple of silly fouls... you can blame him. But it wasn't even close to that

17. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

It was actually the best game 7 of his career

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you realize I was on the side of McGrady in this epic fail of a game?

Assuming you didn't actively view Clutchfans before your join date,

there was a war that keep the real Rockets fans on the sidelines in disbelief.

The YOFs, who were more prevalent back then, were attacking the TOFs (you know who they are) and vice versa.

The YOFs joined just to spread the message that Yao was the only reason the Rockets existed and that he could never do wrong. When you criticize Yao when he actually deserved it, you were considered hating Yao.

We endured and YOF disappeared like the Incas and the Aztecs.

We did understand their logic cause they simply were not seasoned NBA fans or Rockets fans, they were not accustomed to saying that their player had a bad game.

The only ones left now are the Rockets fans and the YOFs. Some of the TOF/YOF assimilated into the population of Rockets fans, now know what Clutch City is and that Hakeem Olajuwon was nothing like Yao or Tracy, he was just beyond better.

It will happen one day, where people will stop thinking that Tracy in Orlando was the greatest thing they've ever seen. Just like when people stop eating McDonalds and started eating in steakhouses will figure out what true greatness is.

A group of Clutchfans heroes were going to stop the YOFs like Gandalf, the archer, and Aragon from the Lord of the Rings.

We were going to defeat the TOFs by taking the ring to the mountain and watching it burn... But we realize that Tracy had no ring!

19. goodbug

And injury obviously had nothing to do with TMac reporting to training camp fat and Kobe worked 6 hours a day in offseason. TMac was just unfortunate.

1 person likes this.
  20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm sorry I can't take anything you say to be credible after reading your sig.