1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kobe and Dwight exchange a few words

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Big reason? No, the main reason, probably the only reason. ESPN has a nice article on the Lakers. It's an interesting read. Nothing new, but it lays out a lot of things about them desperately trying to recruit other stars while Kobe is still on the roster.

2. domd221

domd221 Member

social media is really praising kobe for his "try me" and "soft" comments while no one even acknowledges what dwight said to kobe. lol, kobe stans are the worst.

people just need to get over dwight's decision to go to houston. It's been over a year. Laker fans are just in denial of their second consecutive throwaway season

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Imagine that.
    Rockets fans.....on a Rockets site.....supporting a Rockets player. :rolleyes:

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

This is on the refs. Gotta call that foul or after getting hacked at its time to clear some space.

Send in Dorsey next game to knock that **** eatting grin off Kobe's face.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. yo

yo Contributing Member

Still chuckling at this tough guy Kobe with this "try me" stuff. Would he be saying that to Dwight off an arena court?

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

In my opinion, I think one of those elbow swings were intentional, to an extent. Maybe not to hit Kobe directly, but send a message of "back off!" Dwight is fully able to do that, though. That's good technique and if it's was anyone other than Kobe and Dwight, would have been a none issue. I hope the NBA doesn't fine Dwight.

It was clear Kobe was trying to start something. What else could he do in that situation? His team is down by 20 with no hope or talent to fight back. So instead of jogging back on defense, decides to defend Howard 90 feet away from the basket? Yeah, it was pretty weak for Kobe to do something like that.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Biggest shock in this video is how the hell did boozer miss

9. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Boozer missing is no shock

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If Kobe wanted to do this in the first quarter it might have helped his cause a lot more. The fact he did it in garbage time makes he look like the uber douche we all know he is.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I really hope the league reviews this and rescinds that flagrant. Dwight had the ball over his head and his elbows tight while Kobe was fouling him. Kobe stuck his face in too close (likely on purpose) and caused the contact with the elbow.

I expect a lot of this from Kobe this season. The guy is more bitter than ever because he knows he will close out his career as a shell of himself on a lottery team and with the media finally calling him out for who he is. Not exactly the blaze of glory I'm sure he always expected.

12. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I believe the correct terminology for this is scoreboard.

1 person likes this.
  13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...oward-elbow-kobe-bryant-causes-scuffle-opener

"Howard refused to go into specifics when asked about the incident by reporters.

'What do y'all want me to say, because I'm not [going] to give y'all nothing,' Howard said. 'It's stupid. We won the game. It's over with. I mean, there's no need to go into it. We won the game. It's about basketball. I mean it's over with. It's nothing. I'm not even focused on it.'"

Dwight showing pure class and professionalism. Well done.

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Don't see a problem with what either said. It'll probably be blown outta proportion also..

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

how the hell does he miss that :O i cant beleive someone 6feetwhatever misses that

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Kobe's previous "fights" on the court include getting body-slammed on the scorer's table by Reggie Miller and getting two-pieced in the chin by Chris Childs before even getting his hands up.

Dude is soft and he is well aware of that.

17. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

If Dwight had actually retaliated, he would have been suspended for the season. Some of those fouls called on ariza were bs, silver is making it clear that NO ONE can touch Kobe this year

18. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Reggie was busting on him on the broadcast yesterday too. I enjoyed it...

Regarding being upset about being ranked 40th among players for the 2014-15 season, Reggie said something to the effect of:

"Kobe needs to stop being so sensitive. Dude, you are a 36 year old player coming off two injuries...Stop worrying about what other people are saying about you" etc etc

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm glad we were able to get Harden, but man did OKC have a young and confident core. They broke up a dynasty.

20. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

When Kobe retires, they will have Mariah Carey serenade him during halftime of the all star game.