1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] KJ McDaniels throws down two nasty slams in Philly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If like to see him get some run as the pat bev role. Defending point guards see if he is quick enough to stay in front

2. rocket43

rocket43 Member

How did this not make the NBA top plays last night? The only rockets related play was Ish Smith and a low blow on Hardens defense.

Seriously, there were about 3 worthy top 10 highlights from this game.

3. Houston288South

THIS!!

4. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

I will be extremely disappointed if KJ McDaniels doesn't earn more minutes. He's exactly what Houston needs - a young, energetic player that can jump out of a building with that athleticism.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yep I agree. If he can stay in front of PG's obviously that would make a big impact moving forward

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We do need that, I hope he develops into a good defender. Right now, he out runs them, and tries to block everything at the rim.

His outside shot can get better, if he shoots within the system. Unfortunately, we are only unable to run plays effectively on rare occasions.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

dat 'genda[​IMG]

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Well done KJ! Root player of the game with 58% of the vote.
    There's certainly a lot of love for him. And he seems like a really nice kid which came across in his post game interview.
    Here's hoping he gets more minutes and continues to get better.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

JB is having a secret love affair with Brewer. Its the only thing that can explain not giving KJ some burn in a year where we were constantly looking for something different. Just like Mchale with JB someone has to get injured or traded away before he gives someone else a chance.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have thought that for a long time! KJ can shoot, rebound, and has that hustle I love like Brewer and Beverly. I hope he keeps getting more minutes.

11. basketballholic

deb........he can't shoot.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He doesn't shoot much or play much, but the few minutes he has played he has scored at a higher percentage than some of our starters. I have noticed that all year. He has never been 0-6 or 0-8 like a few others.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

not only that but wasting a huge opportunity having a potential above average 3d player on a 3yr/10mil contract. he can also attack the basket really strong. if he can get a decent shot going, that makes him a legit scoring option. what a colossal waste of oppurtunity. i thought morey was all about opportunity. this is one you take full advantage of

really stupid to give him burn now since he has to get into game rhythm and work out all his kinks. now they gotta hope he has a fast transition..if jb even plays him.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Listen, KJ is not a great player.

All I'm saying is, neither is Brewer. If we're going to have a mediocre player in there, let it be the younger one who might actually improve with game time. At least if he flops we will know to trade him this summer. If he does well, we have a role player for $3m.

Just doesn't make sense to play Brewer for his once every ten games where he provides a spark. I'm sure KJ can have a good game every 10 games and hit 30% of his 3's and play average defense.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That only makes sense to someone who believes marginal role players shouldn't have to fight for playing time over the vets. KJ wasn't playing, because Brewer was taking up all his minutes. Thornton was "stealing" his minutes, too. And Brewer was the better player anyhow. KJ will be lucky to last in the NBA as long as Brewer and be a starter for as many team.

Let's hope he can succeed. But I not of fan of giving role-player kids minutes on this Harden team just because they are kids with potential. They have to earn it in practice, which we never see.

16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Another thing to note is the plays KJ makes are momentum turners. Huge dunks, massive blocks.etc.

not many ppl on our roster are capable of one of these let alone both.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I bet JBB doesn't have the guts to play KJ against the Celtics.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree!

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I like KJ, and have to disagree. I also wouldn't call this Harden's team.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Smaller lineups may be a closing-time option for Rockets
    Jonathan Feigen
    http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...hp?t=df84e4e899438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

The Rockets had used their small lineups when they needed comebacks, making it a frequent option of choice. But with the success throughout the season and especially in the past two games, Rockets coach J.B. Bickerstaff said he could often look to lineups with Trevor Ariza at power forward to close out games.

“You look around and that’s where the league is going,” Bickerstaff said. “The majority of the teams now finish with some sort of small lineup on the floor. We feel like we have an advantage there. We can go there. That’s a lineup you’ll see from us in the fourth quarters.

Bickerstaff said he could use K.J. McDaniels more to keep the minutes of his other wings from being further extended.

“K.J.’s there,” Bickerstaff said. “Obviously, Jet (Jason Terry), Patrick (Beverley), James (Harden), Trevor and Brew (Corey Brewer) get those minutes. Now, if we have to go small earlier, K.J.’s going to be the guy to get those minutes.”