1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin McHale Vegas Summer League Interview - "Flexibility doesn't score"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Houston_Rockets

Really surprised coach talked about scoring, you would thing a defensive mastermind like McHale would stress the fact that flexibility doesn´t play defense.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

MaHale is the biggest loser in this off season. He would be the first one to be let go by Les if the team can not pass the first round. Some clutchfans will ask him to be fired too because their theory that Ariza is better than Parsons, and the team should be better too. McHale already feel it right now.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I can understand his frustration. Parsons/Bosh fiasco aside, our FA acquisitions don't say "win now."

I look at Dallas and they're going all in on this season. We should pick up Maurice Williams. He'd be a decent Lin replacement.

4. passdarock

passdarock Member

I normally don't agree with McHale but he's right.

5. houtown

houtown Member

Maybe the decision of who coaches the team rests with Les. But Mchale seems to be a good peoples person hence why he has been able to get FO jobs and coach. But there is something missing that makes a great coach or FO person. I think its a intuitive feel for the game as for substitutions. I dont think he is a very smart basketball mind.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We could win the damn title and we'd still want rid of Milk Hair

7. Remii

Remii Member

Defensive mastermind :confused:

McHale played during an era where teams put up video scores. They fouled hard back then but defense... Lol.

8. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

I just don't see any way the Rockets can stay committed to Mchale. I think he's a really nice guy, but he is a poor administrator and a poor coach. I am ready for the George Karl era to begin.

9. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

Why is this a surprise? In the past McHale has said "I've never seen Cap Room score a basket yet"

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Indeed

It doesn't matter how many times Morey change up his roster either. LOL

11. Houston_Rockets

So you thought I was being serious?

12. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Wow McHale going full r****d on us. Sure cap room doesn't score. Draft doesn't score either, neither does trade. Heck, the hall of famer coach himself will never put the ball in the basket for the team. Guess he should just get himself out of this organization:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  13. Remii

Remii Member

Yea....Lol..

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

McHale you had Parsons last year and underachieved. You got your ass kicked in the first round of the play offs. Maybe had you gotten the team to play better with the guys you had, Morey and the fanbase would be more inclined to think that maybe with minor tweaks to the roster we may be able to win.

But that's not what happened. Despite having Harden and Dwight (and a pretty good roster around them), you really got beat over the head by Portland.

I'd say, just be thankful you are the one still employed for the Rockets because if we are to believe that the roster is good enough to win, then that leaves one major element.

Coaching.

Mchale shut your mouth.

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Lin, Asik and Parsons all go away and who comes back Ariza, Gee and "future" considerations. McHale was feeling the heat and probably a little abandoned.

16. Precision340

Precision340 Member

sounds like management and the coaching staff are not on the same page

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

McHale knows if Morey can let go of players, he can let go of head coaches too.

We only retained him to recruit FAs, and how good was McHale in recruiting this offseason!?

It's time for you to go. Let us try someone younger with fresher ideas, please.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Firing McHale would be the biggest enjoyment I could get this off season. That would be much better than getting Bosh.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Last time I checked a coach that isn't a player coach also doesn't score you points. In fact, a GM doesn't appear on the stat sheet either. Owners too... Woah. I have an idea guys, let's make an ultra efficient basketball team composed only of players, that's it. No coaches, no trainers, no ball boys, nothing. Not even fans are allowed to show up to games. Oversimplification for the win!

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess you have a point, I guess. It's just the way the business works, I guess, to have those other employees. (sigh). We can just grind away and try to get better, I guess.