1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin McHale Vegas Summer League Interview - "Flexibility doesn't score"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 15, 2014.

1. errpac

errpac Member

I think if we improve the bench now we will have to give commitments to these bench with multi year deals which will shoot us in a the foot when a player such as rondo, Durant, love, etc becomes available. If that's the case we might as well had sign parsons. He said it many times he's going for a third star player. There's no guarantee he's going to get that guy and it's not looking good now, but neither was harden and d12 likely four yrs ago when people one clutch fans were calling for a tank. How I see it, morey is a top 3-5 gm in my books and It's the best available gm for the rockets now so im rolling with it.

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seemed like a rather innocuous comment to me. He was just saying that things happened this offseason, they didn't get the big prize, but they maintained flexibility for next year, which doesn't address the need for scoring this year. He just joked about the issue to show he understands that losing Parsons matters and they have to find a way to replace what Parsons and Lin brought.

3. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

McStale is so likable and funny...great on tv. He's the Mack Brown of the NBA!

4. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

The inbounder with 0.9 seconds left doesn't score either McFail.

2 people like this.
  5. Raven

Raven Member

Snippy comments to the media seem to always happen right before the Rockets replace their coach. Anyone who wants McHale gone should be giddy over this development.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hmmmm

I saw Daryl Morey there and George Karl too....

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Although coaching wise im not to sure of him, I really like McHale as a person. Seems like a great guy.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This X 100000

9. dmoneybangbang

McHale takes a per season outlook, Morey takes a big picture outlook.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I would not do that. Pretty sure we are on a thin line with Dwight and Harden after this horrendous off season. Pretty sure those two love McHale, if McHale goes... so do they.

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

What does Morey have to say to put pressure on McHale to get things done the future?

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

this is great because maybe it will piss Morey off enough to want to fire him

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Maybe. That or he sees the writing on the wall and knows this team is inferior to last year's which means fewer wins which means he could very well be fired. Possibly even before the season's over if the Rockets get off to a slow start.

I mentioned in another thread that ironically McHale if fired next season may not even deserve it(at least not as much as he did in the wake of that Lillard 3-pointer) since Morey and Les are the ones who screwed things up so badly this offseason.

14. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Roh oh! Another DMOH rears its ugly head. All hands on deck! Prepare to snuff this DMOH out!

15. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Really good interview. BS free too.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Regardless if McHale’s right or not, he’s wrong for saying this publicly. Morey’s already being scrutinized enough as is. He shouldn’t be thrown under the bus by the head coach of the team.

17. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

McHale is not saying anything wrong. He is just saying that is going to be challenging to comeback after loosing 3 out of the best 7 players of the team.

18. SuperManRocketz

kinda funny never thought he would mention JLin.it was his fault jlin isnt a starter..reason why rockets are fall apart right now

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They also said Adelman was gone because he didn't agree with Morey's direction.

Remember how Adelman was upset when Morey traded Battier for Thabeet when he was in the middle of the playoffs chase?

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with it. McHale has no obligation to suck up to Morey and pretend that things are ok with this roster. Could that wind up costing him his job this season? Maybe. But I actually respect McHale more for being honest here than to spin the company line that we're going to be better thanks to the moves that were made or the "flexibility" of having cap space.