1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin McHale Vegas Summer League Interview - "Flexibility doesn't score"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 15, 2014.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

He could definitely play it, one of the best post defenders in his day. Unfortunately he can't seem to teach it.

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

Meh, whatever. Morey clearly didn't want to win this year anyways - he brought back McHale when he could have gone after superior coaches.

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Flex Ibility and Cap Room would score career highs against McHale's No-D Rockets.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

McHale is mad because we got rid of his favorite player Jeremy Lin.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One thing I think McHale deserves credit for. He's a quote machine, and the guy does have a sense of humor. I just wish I enjoyed his coaching as much as I enjoy watching him talk.

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The coaches can disagree the front officer, but u can't publicly speak it.
    If the coaches publicly disagree the front officer, or the head coach must go, or the GM must go

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

True.

But unfortunately he's got to work with what he's given. Maybe that will force him to really maximize what he has now because I don't think he did last year.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly. He sure does have a smart mouth for a dumbass coach.

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Oh man cool, did you get in your time machine and go to the future and watch the team play some games? That's real cool that you were able to do that. Hey can you tell us what the team looks like Nov 1, 2014? NOBODY ELSE KNOWS THAT YET but you obviously!

12. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

When McHale is inevitably fired, I hope he goes into broadcasting. He has a great sense of humor and very quotable.

13. joepu

joepu Member

Pretty smart move. Howard and Harden are probably not too happy right now. Best way to motivate them to play for him is to show that he's on their side.

1 person likes this.
  14. houtown

houtown Member

sounds like he is making excuses for next year already. Smart guy.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just a thought but who would be some top coaches next year?

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McHale is extremely funny guy...he is great on TV...would love for him to switch spots with VanGundy

17. Centerville

Centerville Member

JVG or George Karl for me, thanks.

18. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

I just don't understand why we didn't just improve our bench which in my opinion would have made a big difference than just adding another star player? Yes, bosh would make a great fit, but aside from him, what about when our starters need rest? Who would we rely on?

I think Daryl really messed up on this off season in my opinion. If we added more role players such as Pierce, butler, granger, or mcroberts (these guys are just examples) so we wouldn't have to have so many heart attacks in a crunch time game.

I don't know, but these are my thoughts on this whole deal. I just wish there was another coach like pop, but I doubt there would be one availabe to make this team into a system that works together.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McHale needs to shut up and focus on coaching. He talks a good talk but is absolutely incompetent and clueless as a coach.

Let Morey handle the roster. McHale failed terribly as a GM so he has zero clue on how to build a champion roster.

Morey has given him 2 of the best 5 players at their position and a championship capable roster. McHale needs to learn to coach them and quit worrying about what has happened.

20. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

He's a confident fellow.