1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin Martin - 28 Points Vs Jazz (4.7.10)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Aug 6, 2010.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

That game was amazing! One of my favorite moments last season. The rockets played that game so well, they crushed the Jazz on National TV!! :cool:

Not only Martin had 28 points, Brooks scored 28 points too, Scola had 24, and Hayes had 18 rebounds.

Here are the highlights of that game:

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba_gameinfo_player&videoId=games/rockets/2010/04/07/0020901168_uta_hou_recap.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba_gameinfo_player&videoId=games/rockets/2010/04/07/0020901168_uta_hou_recap.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Always find it odd that he will dribble to the left and shoot with his right and somehow always get his shots off. But if its working, don't change it.

3. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

This is a good observation. But it's also a function of the type of player Martin is. Martin isn't asked to initiate the offense much. His role is to come off of screens and spot up for the J. What's impressive about Martin is that he's so disciplined when it comes to staying within his role. That's one of the things I like about him is that his role is so well-defined and optimized for his skill set. For that matter, each Rocket has a well-defined role that complements the rest of the team.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If we don't get a high profile guard via trade or free agency I feel he's going to need to step out a little more and help Aaron Brooks out with the perimeter scoring... I'd rather Trevor get all of his points from passes rather than him trying to beat his man one-on-one.

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

batkins, if you don't mind can you do highlights of Martin's 39 point game against the Kings next.

Thanks.

6. Albertx3Gx

Albertx3Gx Member

I think his shooting style is perfect. The ball is being released from the center of his body and eyes' focal point, which creates an even higher percentage shot. Shooting from the side creates a greater degree of difficulty since you have to compensate for the angle at which your hand is positioned from your eyes and body's center.

This:
    He's able to take his style of shot because he has a very fluid and quick release in an offense that creates open space for him. He'll never have to create his own shot (Unless we're counting that sweet post up move :p).

I LOVE his side step move. It's so wide, that even if he does have a defender closing in on him, he can create even more space to help get his beautifully linear shot down. :p

Basketball = Physics + Statistics = Numbers. Mmm... Love. :)

Lastly...
    That was awesome to watch. Brooks hitting from deep and at will, Scola working his magic on the inside, Martin's ethereal efficiency and even got a little Air Bud action going on.

Add Yao setting screens, taking high % shots, rebounding, commanding double teams, clogging up the paint on defense and we have a true deep playoff-run team. And may I even say CHAMPIONSHIP contender without being flamed. :p

Slowly jumping on the championship bandwagon. :cool:

7. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I would, but that game for deleted recently off my DV-R accidentally. :(

8. Asian Sensation

Kevin Martin.... The 4th best SG in the NBA.

1) Kobe
    2) Wade
    3) Roy
    4) Martin
    5) JJ/IGGY

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Offensively maybe... but overall no. Lol.

10. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

28 pts in a blowout win against utah, makes me happy :)

While we're waiting for the season to start, I don't think l'd mind seeing more old games like this and high scores from last season.
    Thanks for the video.

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I wish someone would post his 39 points against Sac-town. He was attacking the rim/dunking and hitting shots like kobe..

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Can you use this and download the torrent so you can create the highlights?