1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Juan Carlos Navarro - 27 Points Vs France (9.18.11)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by batkins, Sep 19, 2011.

1. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Comparing 83 games played in the NBA to a single game by Deron and Lawson is pretty ridiculous stretch to prove a point. By this logic, Cam Newton is better than Peyton Manning since he broke his first game passing yardage record. In your words: Navarro is a clearly inferior player compared to those in the NBA and you clearly have no knowledge of basketball. :grin:

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

82 Games, or 1 Game?

Is it wrong to be strong? You be the judge...

3. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Claiming that Navarro, who average 13 points a game in 30 minutes as a starter as a rookie in the NBA, playing in a new league, under new rules, in a new culture, not at the time knowing much English, playing in a different style of basketball, playing in an awful team where the coaches open stated they just wanted to play young players and not win, etc............

using this to "prove" that Navarro "sucked in the NBA" is the true definition of idiocy and is absolute proof of having no basketball knowledge.

Besides that, NBA players are supposedly "vastly superior" to players in Europe. Those guys were playing against competition that is 2-3 levels below the Euroleague level and yet played like total crap.

If the NBA really was "vastly superior" then that is impossible for what are supposedly godo NBA players (especially Williams) to struggle that bad against such low level European competition.

Seeing how NBA fans claim the NBA is like a "million times better than the Euroleague" and this is 2-3 levels below the Euroleague level.

Of course, NBA fans will never admit the truth, that the NBA is no better than the Euroleague at all, except for marketing hype.

4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

If the NBA was even half as good as you claim, Lawson and Williams would get 40-50 points in their first games against competition that is 2-3 levels below the Euroleague.

if the NBA was even HALF as good as you claim it is.

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Funny thing is I don't think that Navarro sucks. I actually liked his stint in the NBA. The whole point of my post was that your attempt to prove a point was idiotic and holds no merit what-so-ever. You mention that "playing in a new league, under new rules, in a new culture, not at the time knowing much English(Whichever language is dominant where they are playing), playing in a different style of basketball" as reasons for Navarro's possible reasons of play. Using equivalency logic I would think that we would offer these same demographic reasons to the players you proceeded to use as a basis. I do believe the NBA has the best players in the world. Does this mean those riding the pine and every starter in the NBA is better than the best in Europe? Absolutely not. But I do believe the best of the best play in the NBA.

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Juan Carlos was a starter in 30 NBA games, and he came off the bench for 52, for good reason... (Because he was a poor man's Luther Head)

I don't blame him, nor Billy, for leaving as quickly as possible. Roleplayer or God?

7. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I don't agree with you at all. Outside of maybe 3 NBA players, the NBA is no better than the Euroleague.

8. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

And yet so many NBA starters to go to Europe and struggle..........

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Which 3-4 players would that be?

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

NBA players like Terence Morris and Trajan Langdon...

Thanks for letting us cherrypick all your best players though.

I'm glad the Rockets grabbed one of the best ones...

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Just wait for Jan Vesely, who is supposably better than Blake griffin, according to OHMS... :)

12. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Numerous NBA starters went to Europe and struggled. Morris and Langdon were called upon only to play defense and shoot open 3 pointers. That was all they did in Euroleague. So why you would even mention them is really bizarre.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

9 assists, 2 TO's is "total crap" - meanwhile Vasilis the Goat Fluffer of Olympiakos is putting up 3&5 and you are Yorgos-ing all over the place...surpyseros!

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Defense and three pointers are a pretty damn massive part of basketball, last I checked... :grin:

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Damn, does he ever CARRY the ball... :eek: I would call it if I were an NBA referee.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fixed

17. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

And what will be the excuse when they play bad in future games?

18. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Deron Williams' team was already eliminated from having a chance to play in Europe's second level of Eurocup (level below the Euroleague). They get to stay in the third level of Europe, the EuroChallenge - two whole levels of competition below the Euroleague. They were eliminated by a team from the Belgian League, which is one of the worst national leagues in Europe.

Deron Williams' Stats: (Against competition well below Euroleague level)

33.0 Minutes Per Game

6-28 (21.4%) Field Goal Percentage
    2-12 (16.7%) 3 Point Field Goal Percentage
    8-11 (72.7%) Free Throw Percentage

11.0 Points Per Game
    8.0 Assists Per Game
    1.5 Rebounds Per Game

1.5 Steals Per Game
    0.0 Blocks Per Game

4.0 Fouls Per Game
    4.0 Turnovers Per Game

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8....season_2012.roundID_8594.playerID_44573.html

Yeah, NBA "star" Deron Williams played like total crap and got his team eliminated, playing against competition that is considerably lower than the Euroleague level, and yet, according to NBA only fans...........

we are supposed to believe that the NBA is a billion times better than the Euroelague, that the Euroleague is a "minor league", and every other complete BS nonsense they make up.

So funny, how NBA fans claim that any top NBA player would average 40-50 a game in Euroleague.....................:rolleyes: