1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Aug 10, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It usually just takes however long a judge can do an arraignment and set bail. Since it was a Tue afternoon, he was probably out same day.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Cops did a good job. They were straight to the point, clear and professional.

I've stated several times on this forum about unprofessional and idiotic behavior by cops, (in the case of the lane violation and the one in rohnert park) but these two officers did exactly as they were suppose to.

I'm sure the officers had discretion of whether or not to arrest Hill for reckless driving, but seeing as he sped past them at such a high rate of speed, without even noticing them AND changing lanes in moderate traffic... I don't fault them one bit for arresting him.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If I was a millionaire... I'd have a driver.... will never understand these idiots that get themselves jacked up cause of driving (Dui, etc...) - if yer making x million a year - toss 50K at a driver and sit back and enjoy the ride....

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Did you just say you were hauling 140 on the highway? Bro, tbh I'd call the cops on you lol.

140 is dangerous even if the road is empty.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not only that, but he said "[I've] only been driving a year though".

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No probably not. Then again I've been that reckless before. I think I have matured since then so I wouldn't do it again.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Some people actually enjoy driving. Why else would they make cars like this? [​IMG]

8. PhiSlammaJamma

It seems to me they should have a Purge Day where everyone can drive as fast as they want for 24 hours. And whatever happens out there happens. Drive at your own risk.

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

wtf millionaires drive range rovers?

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well,

I actually didn't mean to say the cops arresting him are being racist.

And when I said f**k up and sad, it was about Hill driving 107 mph being shirtless and looked like shlt.

I don't blame the cops arresting him either, its just common sense when most cops will see a black guy, driving like in a race track, shirtless and look like shlt and with tattoos all over him,

its more than often that car could be a stolen one.

I believe most people on the road will not even dare to horn him either.

But it doesn't change the fact that if the driver will be at least presenting with more of a decent image and will get a better treatment either.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I have a '15 SS Camaro lol what do you expect? It's actually very stable at 140 and it was a completely (not one car) empty 5 lane straight high way, no rain, and I was in the middle lane.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I've never done it, but I don't begrudge anyone from doing so. You're not "in control" driving 100 mph in traffic. That's just stupid.

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

at least he wasn't on any substance

14. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I wouldn't see a problem with them telling him to stop driving like an idiot and slow down and writing him a hefty ticket. What is spending a day in jail gonna do for him?

BTW Houston drivers are the most pathetic in America. I couldn't believe they are worse than New York drivers but they definitely are.

15. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Range Rovers are nice cars man. One of the best SUVs out there.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If someone knows how to drive, and has a capable car, they're probably in more control then you might think. Not to say that's the case most of the time, it's usually assholes in ****ty cars.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Nah, people driving expensive cars are no more careful than people driving ****ty ones. I don't know where you got that impression from.

18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I've done similarly stupid things (but not in many many years) and got pulled over and issued only a ticket.... I'm white and absolutely harmless in comparison to an NBA player.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you're driving in traffic going 100 mph (presumably way faster than anyone else), you're the ******* and I don't care how awesome your car is. You may be in complete control of your car, but you don't control everyone else's car.

Do everyone a favor and just drive like a normal person, please.

20. Asian Sensation

It's the most prestigious SUV brand out there... What did you expect them to drive? A Hyundai?