1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jimmer Fredette - The Legacy

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by batkins, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Well, there is no need to sound like an a**

2. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Jimmer killed it again tonight. Career high 52 points (22-37 FG, 7-14 3-PT FG).

This kid is special.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

stomin mornon

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

37 FGA, that's crazy. Kobe took 9 more shots and dropped 81. Impressive stroke, but if you're looking at him for the NBA, you'd like him getting to the line more than once.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This game was his 2nd lowest free-throws taken this season. 1st was a game where he had 0. Sometimes it just isn't your night (see: Kevin Martin vs Phoenix Suns).

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Fair point. He is getting to the line almost 8 times a game this year, which puts him slightly above Kemba Walker. But Jimmer's SOS vs. Kemba's is not comparable.

8. McWai

McWai Member

DM is gonna draft him:cool:

9. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

I hope not...he wont really be as productive as an NBA player...he will be just another JJ Redick...nothing more

6'2", 195 lbs makes him an undersized 2 that will get abused and exploited on D when defending other 2's.

That means that he has to play the 1 spot or at least defend 1's. On the rockets, that means that you either eat into Lowry's, Martin's, Dragic's or Lee's time. Fredette should and would ride the pine behind all 4.

Drafting him would be a total waste unless you use him as leverage for trading for a larger deal...or even, just a larger player like a true CENTER with legit size that's actually worth a damn !!!

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think even jj was as good as this guy in college.

11. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

and what true center is available in the draft. Everybody seems to forget that he scored 52 with only 1 free throw attempt in less time than the NBA minutes.

People spout off how this kid is adam morrison or jj redick, but they havent watched him play. They watch some highlight where he is scoring and make some conclusion about him.

I've watched most of his games for the past 4 years, and this year he is getting guarded once he touches the ball. The refs can dictate how "off" his game would be by what contact they allow.

People really need to watch someone play before they make a comment without any thought. "Jimmer is the next....[insert white player they remember that sucks]."

12. Greg M

Greg M Member

Being a Lobos fan and having seen him play about eight times, the guy is a unreal shooter and scorer. Will that translate to the NBA? I see him more as one of the top 6th men in the NBA. Not something the Rockets need? How many close games have been lost because the team lacked a player who can create and score in crunch time? If the Rockets can't get an inside presence, Jimmer wouldn't be a bad pick.

13. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wygoM2mcRPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a quick vid i made.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

YES! YES! YES!

Except.. wait. The only thing similar in their games is that they are white and can shoot 3s. And Jimmer isn't even really white, he's Mormon.

JJ was purely a catch and shoot player. Duke had their whole offensive system built around creating open shots for him, and by his senior year he did develop some rudimentary dribble drive ability, but at the end of the day he was a catch and shoot player.

Jimmer CAN catch and shoot, with the best of them. But he can also score almost every other way imaginable. He scores with the ball in his hands. He scores in isolation. He scores off the bounce. He is a scorer through and through. I don't know how good his ceiling is, but I am pretty sure he will have a better NBA career than JJ Redick. So, on second thought...

NO! NO! NO!

15. AFS

AFS Member

Steph Curry was able to make the transition from a 2 to a 1, and perhaps Jimmer will be able to also. I think if drafted, worst case scenario is he is a really productive bench player who can light it up, something like Jason Terry. He's proven that he has consistent range well beyond NBA perimeter, so that makes his college 3p% more impressive. He's also shown the ability to score on a wide variety of looks: pulling up, spotting up, coming off of screens, taking it to the basket, etc. so he's a very versatile scorer. Best case is he makes the transition successfully and becomes a 1 who can look for his own shot if he ever needs to. I think either way, those two outcomes are pretty acceptable considering the draft class.

Anybody know anything about how good his defense is?

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What in the hell?

17. Burko

Burko Member

Personally, I dont think his game will transfer well into the NBA.

I'd rather have Kemba Walker.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think Jimmer is a little better than Duke JJ Redick, though you have to consider the better competition Redick faced at Duke. Jimmer can be at least an Eddie House type in the NBA

19. roksoer

roksoer Member

seriously lol wtf

20. anchel

anchel Member

He has the size to score those same shots agaisnt NBA PGs. He probably won't be able to finish like he does in college, that's why he won't be an elite scorer, but still, he will be a very good offensive player in the NBA, he's very skilled and talented, strong, confident, smart, and not undersized at PG. My doubt is how he's gonna defend NBA PGs. And the fact that we have Kyle at that position and to pick Fredette could really hurt his confidence.