1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jimmer Fredette Highlights (2011-12)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

After watching him play I don't like the Reddick comparison at all. He has a lot more to offer than reddick in my opinion. Jimmer can definitely create his own shot as opposed to JJ who is looking to come off screens and open shots.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wow, he had no fear of Rose or Thibodeaux's defense. Rose was trying to blanket him but Fredette played like a vet. He certainly has NBA confidence.

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

Jesus the Kings announcers suck

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He's learning to be a point guard - that's going to take some time. Which at least he's trying - lord between Evans and Thorton they never have time to start an offense, those two just look for a shot. (13 freaking assists, god I miss Adelmans offense)

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if Chuck had the same exact thoughts during games.

BTW, how did Cousins look during the last couple losses? I didn't catch the games.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He's been in foul trouble and can't stay on the court. When he's there, he's looking very good. The guards can't guard and it ends up costing Cousins and Chuck lots of fouls.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ Cousins is the 1 guy I'd be burning the phones up for. I think he's got stud dna in him but enough baggage at his young age and on a team that makes doh trades that he can be had.

8. gah

gah Member

From what I've seen so far, I'm very close to declaring that the Kings got a steal.

Be honest Hayesfan, who are you following more, the rockets or the chuckers?:eek:

9. VanityHalfBlack

Wait a minute, is it a coincidence that you brought up Reggie Miller who, lit up your New York Knicks back in the playoffs in 1994???

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cz8g6O85j4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Those aren't off balanced shots for him. Those are shots he practices to counter the size he'll face.

I knew he was a smart player and thought he'd be solid, but i think he'll be better than i even thought. On that first highlight against rose, he made Rose change up his foot placement by simply pivoting around, which left him for the opening to drive. that looked pretty calculated on his part. He has shown more confidence and concentration, as a rookie, than I expected.

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

ok so your my new favorite poster...these vids make my work day go by much faster :cool:

12. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

When are people going to look past the color of his skin and realize that black people know how to ball?

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Okay I just watched all of batkin's highlight videos and...seriously, he does nothing that Redick can't do. Redick if given ample playing time and wasn't glued to the bench by Stan Van Gundy in his rookie year would've probably produced similiar stats. Just check Redick and Jimmer's college stats, completely identical EVERY YEAR.

He'll be a servicable backup guard, thats about it. Jimmer fans' love for him is Tebow-like.

14. what

what Member

I don't get the redick comparison. redick was a great college basketball player. if that's all you got, that's pretty weak. a better approach would be to point out traits that sunk redick at the pro level and draw a compassion to Jimmer. can you do that?

being white, a good shooter & a great college career does not equal flop in the nba, btw.

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Being a quality backup guard/occasional starter is a flop in the NBA now? Last time I checked, only 300 or so players in the entire world gets the honor of playing in the league. Redick certainly isn't a flop, maybe some people think that because of the hype surrounding him when he entered the league. Similar to the hype surrounding Jimmer now.

16. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

He's got a damn good pull up jumper and three point shot. He will be a solid number 2 or 3 scoring option for the kings for years to come. Hands in his face don't seem to bother his shot too much either.

17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

It would be good to see his misses and negative plays. His highlights look good, but so do everyone's.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Im gonna keep firing the ammo and see if the Jimmer fans can deflect them. Here's a vid of Redick in last year's playoffs versus Hawks:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fwiEj6QIKWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can see him making an impressive layup, shooting with hands in his face, and generally having good spacing and making effective use of screens. Redick is a good player, but people just forgot about him because he rarely got playing time in his first 2 years in the NBA. Saying Jimmer will be like Redick isn't an insult, it's a compliment.. It's only an insult if you truly think Jimmer will be a star, which I would say is Tebowian.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now who was it that liked Reddick when he came out?????? I guess my jinx didn't work on him.

DD

20. what

what Member

so similar hype makes Jimmer JJ?