1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin talks after Bulls game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2012.

1. gengar

gengar Member

man, poor guy, he looks so shaken up

btw, how many posts do i need to be able to make a thread on here?

2. SunsRocketsfan

We dont need anymore lin threads

Thanks ;)

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

This isn't true at all though. If people are bashing him because of that then they're either ignorant, morons or both. The goal has always been to get enough assets to trade for a superstar, as far as value is concerned a guaranteed lottery pick held more value than Lowry, who was disgruntled and demanding a trade. In Dragic's case, he asked for a 4rth option, which in Morey's mind devalued him so much he wasn't worth getting.

If you look at the sequence of events DM let Lowry and Dragic go first and then decided to work on Linsanity. Not only that prior to the 2nd offer NYC had always said they would match up to a Billion dollars. So the reality is if Lin wasn't signed we would be starting Toney Douglas, with Machado and Livingston as backup.

1 person likes this.
  4. alethios

alethios Member

Having Douglas right now instead of Livingston is hard, because I think Livingston would have made a better backup to Lin, but I get the reason (even though it's not the best move player-wise). It makes me wonder who our trade target is, because he will not be with the team come trade deadline

5. alethios

alethios Member

*Douglas

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is exactly what people should be looking at. Morey pursued Lin AFTER he couldn't sign Dragic. If Lin wasn't here, we would be having Douglas Machado and Livingston as our PGs. I hope those who bash Lin because of Lowry and Dragic would enjoy watching that trio manning our PG spot.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

This guy was a possibility up until they went all in for Lin and Asik.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MGSWgMl0cc0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Sheved is nothing special.

The guy was personally causing the Russian coach to have the a nervous breakdown during the Olympics.

He throws the dumbest passes and turns over the ball when he was the lead PG.

Don't think he has a good shot either, not very athletic.....tall though...

9. sando

sando Member

Russian market is not as interesting as China or Turkey.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't get your point. So now we should regret not getting this guy who's shooting as bad as Lin?

11. thekad

thekad Member

Where are you getting the idea that Morey couldn't sign Dragic? He chose not to sign him.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Trade target was DH, when that fell through I think Morey finally convinced Les to tank so we would not have any decent pg on the squad.