1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin talks after Bulls game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2012.

1. split41

split41 Member

I totally agree with this, unless some people are right and that this is just the player he is...by the end of the season we'll have a better idea, I think.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yeah right. We'll be here in 2 months dancing to the same tierd tune.If you heard Samsons post gme comments he said i value toughness and heart above all. He virtually caled out Lin Saying Douglas got the minutes because he is a tougher and smarter PG.

3. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I agree, unfortunately Atkinson is an Asst coach with Atlanta. He was with Lin during the off season until the official time Knicks didn't match. After the Hawks game, he went over and hugged him and talked for a short time.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm hating Lin's play but Sampson is still a prick for the way he's handling the situation. He looks and sounds annoying and he's a terrible coach.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He sounds so damn sad.

6. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

LoL his 'umpshot'. I think we're all looking for the Jay

7. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I don't care if his shooting is down right now. What I do care about is his lack of aggressiveness and passiveness sometimes. He should have gone all out against Miami and he better do it againt NY. If he doesn't, I'm gonna be pissed.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the player this website's creation was inspired by....was drafted in the 5th round and bounced around teams and leagues for years playing as a 'below average nba player'.

...until becoming one of the most reliable players and shooters this team has ever had. i'm just sayin..

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

good luck Jlin for the knicks game on friday. Don't know how you going to do it? But I pray that your shooting gets better and u gain confidence in yourself. Now you got nothing to lose.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And outside jumper is learnable. A bad jumper shooter can evolve into a good one. People shouldn't worry about that.

He probably needs to shoot more and relax and have more fun out there. He looks like he's tight and self-doubting. Confidence might be his biggest issue.

11. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

i feel sorry 4 da kid...he needs to jack up a 108 shots and shoot his way out of it ...win or lose

12. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I agree. It's a tough situation.

While Jeremy needs to take responsibility and man up, he's still quite young and very inexperienced.

For me Sampson has to take a lot of blame. Lin played well the first two games, then they tried to make him into a 3 point shooter, which didn't work. Then they give him a chance again and he starts to do well, looks like he's getting his rhythm back and is benched for all of Portland's OT.

Sampson has been repeatedly criticising him in interviews, but worse than that, he's been jumping down his throat on the sidelines every chance he gets, and who knows how much worse he is after games or in between games in private. I think Lin's tried to take the right attitude and be respectful of his coach but is it any surprise that his confidence has been worn away?

Bottom line, Sampson hasn't given Lin a chance from day one and rather than trying to see how far Lin can go and encourage and grow him as a player he's acted with a huge amount of short-sightedness and ignorance.

I don't think Sampson is a bad person. I don't know if there's a racial subtext towards his attitude to Lin. I think he's just old fashioned and bone headed.

Lin will come out of it eventually, I think. But he needs to be put in a position where the coach is taking pressure off him and encouraging him to just play. You can argue that Sampson was justified to keep him on the bench in the bulls game but the damage was done before that.

1 person likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Coaching is a bit culprit here - I agree. NY wasn't a fluke. He's got skills. What is the difference between here and there? There they trusted him and encouraged him. Here he's not getting that.

It's plain and simple. He needs a coach who will be a mentor.

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is also how I see it. Sampson needs to control his impulse to bench the the kid. Inspire confidence in Lin instead of fear off getting the hook. Lin is playing way too tight right now.

15. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I agree...just let him play his game and play thru the mistakes. Benching your starter evertime there is a quicker guard is just moronic and has to really ben hard on Lin's already wavering confidence.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It really all depends on how you look at Jeremy Lin. If you just look at him as the young 3rd year player that he is, then the rough start to the season isn't a big deal. He's athletic and he has displayed great finishing ability and court vision in stretches. He has all the things you'd hope for in a young PG with potential.

But, if you look at him as the hyped $25M franchise building block player that he is then it's easy to get frustrated with the inconsistent play. Lately, there's been times where he isn't helping the team in any way. That's tough to grasp when you know he's one of the higher paid guys on the team.

I believe Lin is one of Morey's very few risky, high reward gambles. I'm not at all comparing Lin the player to Ariza the player but it is a similar situation. Morey brought in Ariza because of a great stretch in the playoffs, gambling that he was a young improving player. He didn't pay him based on previous merit but on potential. I think he's done the same thing with Lin by paying him on potential. Right now, Dragic is a better player and makes slightly less per year but he has more experience and is likely within his prime. Dragic will never be a star. Lin has shown flashes of star level play. Best case scenario, Lin develops into a star and proves everyone wrong. Worst case scenario, he never regains form and is an expiring contract in 2 years. It's a calculated risk.

However, I don't think there's much racism. During Linsanity, most of that crap was coming from media outlets and other random idiots...basketball fans are probably one of the least racist groups of people you'll find anywhere.

1 person likes this.
  17. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

It's a yin yang thing...Knicks are doing good so Lin is doing bad. Once the Knicks start losing like we all know they will, Lin will start doing really well. LOL

18. Luca

Luca Member

The Knick are playing extremely well at the moment and I expect them to be like that so Lin has got to step up soon otherwise no one will defend him anymore.

19. kozmo

kozmo Member

Carmello Anthony went a month and a half last year and didnt make a shot...Sometimes they just dont go in.....

20. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

You Lin supporters are nuts. He gets the hate cause the dude sucks! Come on! Quit being so blind. What he is doing on the court does not merit playing time! If it were anyone else sucking so bad you guys would be hating on whoever it is. The fact that it is Lin nd he is a "good man" and linsanity you guys cut him slack. Y'all say "he had a rough game" come on bros that cop out only works for one game! And so far y'all have used it for every suck fest he puts up.