1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin talks after Bulls game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Or we could just send him to the D-Leauge! LMAO

In regards to this board, there are a lot of new fans who joined & are really annoying. But also there are a lot of fans who joined from the Knicks board most likely just for the purpose of trolling. It is what it is.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Perhaps LOFs putting too much pressure on the guy, and he's having trouble adjusting? That would be ironic. Perhaps once all his hype dies down and bandwagon ears leave, Lin may finally play it loose.

3. delta69er

delta69er Member

Yeah wasn't Kyle's problem a confidence issue as well?

I remember other Rox players would always say that Kyle was the best shooter on the the team, especially in practices, and that all he needed was the confidence to go out in the game and make those same shots.

However, nobody on this team has been raving about Lin's umpshot....

4. TheresTheDagger

I'm in his corner. He'll break out eventually, but right now, its all mental. Last year, when he was just balling and having fun it was easy. It showed he has the skills. Just gotta get the mind right.

5. REA

REA Contributing Member

Lin looks like he needs a hug right about now

6. pnr

pnr Member

He looks so disappointed in himself. :( It's sad to watch.

7. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

When he plays the Knicks he will have flashbacks of his former self. He will score 20 points gets his shot and confidence back and continue to do good every single game after!

Will that's how it happens in the movies anyways...

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

THIS.

Weirdly, some of the antagonism stems from the over-enthusiasm of the fans Lin brought with him. But we missed the friggin' playoffs last year because Kyle Lowry sucked so badly during the last few weeks, and that didn't generate near the hatred I see here for Lin's bad stretch at the beginning of the season.

9. TTNN

TTNN Member

I hope he would just play as much as he could, don't force it.

Happy for TD playing well, so Lin would have more time to figure out his own game. Don't worry about Knick's game, or being benched, or whatever. If Lin is not look as good as Felton on Friday, so be it. Lin just need to have the confidence that if he play his own game, he could be better than Felton, but he wouldn't be there if he is forcing it.

Still think this is all mental, Lin need to clear his mind, and see himself through his own heart, not through other people's eyes or words.

Oh how much I miss Mchale, Lin will need that heart to heart talk he gave him in pre-season.

10. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

It really is tough to watch. If you saw his press conferences after linsanity, this is the polar opposite.

It makes you wonder if Lin's story is going to be 30 on 30 tragic story on ESPN some day...

At this rate, Lin will be playing with TMAC in china.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Respect to him for talking to the media after today. Most players would have avoided the media Lin didn't. He'll figure everything out.

12. nono

nono Member

I am only angry at him because I expect a lot. In the game threads it gets emotional sometimes and I post stuff that I often regret. I am sure he will break out of this funk. It's just very hard to watch. Today he looked like he didn't want to do anything at all. Didn't want to shoot, didn't want to drive etc etc. I think 90% of his problems are mental, and are only compounded by the fact that Sampson benches him for the smallest things, even when he is playing well like against the Trail Blazers when he had 11 assists and was still benched. On the other hand, I also realize that Sampson's job is to win and Lin just wasn't going to do it today since he looked so out of it. I hope the coaching staff realize though that in the long term we have nothing invested in Douglas. He should not be getting as much playing time as he has, because he will never be our starter, no matter what happens to Lin.

Here's hoping that Lin picks it up.

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Lin will be fine on Friday.....just get away with a W!

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

Lin should stop talking to medias.
    I am tired of it.

15. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

As a Lin fan, I don't care how he does on Friday if it means we get a win against those thugs in NY.

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This, and ...

This.

Any rational Rockets fan should be disappointed with Lin's performance thus far; but at the same time, how can you not appreciate his attitude and work ethic?

Great comparison to Lowry from an outside shooting standpoint.

Lin is still really young. He will get better and will surely break out of this slump sooner or later.

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

This interview makes me feel sad. Such a class act. Hope good things will happen to good people and soon.

I hope the haters will stop bashing him (criticism is fine); and the lovers will stop putting pressure on him with high expectations ("dropping 25 on the Knicks"). A team win is more important than personal stats.

18. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Lin needs to drive to the hole more. His jumpers not falling and everyone knows he is looking to pass and scared to shoot. Once he makes some layups or gets to the line more, he will get more rhythm and hit more jumpers. He just lacks confidence right now and if you're a Rocket's fan you should be supporting him. All the haters can go root for the punk Knicks.

1 person likes this.
  19. duteman

duteman Member

Yeah tough stretch for the youngster. He is a man in faith and it's through trials that his faith needs to shine most. I'm sure he doesn't read the boards because any player that does will go nuts like tmac.

Kidding aside i hope he handles the tough times well and continues to stay focused on his faith first and for most. In doing so he'll be blessed moving forward, not saying all star stats or anything, but he'll do his job right.

Funny thing is look at tebow this year. He's getting grounded from his crazy popular run as well. Those true in faith will be humbled, blessing in disguise so they don't go crazy and forget about what they really need care about.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Remember other very good PGs have also taken some time to reach their prime. Dragic struggled enough in his 3rd season for the Suns to trade him. Lowry wasn't what he is now during his 2nd/3rd season. Billups (a high draft pick) wasn't doing much in either Boston or Denver at the start of his career. Steve Nash's first few seasons were not very memorable.

The difference with Lin is he has to do his growing up in the spotlight, after he was signed to a decent sized contract.