1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin speaks with Houston media - 9/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Just a typical Chinese airplane brawl, no big deal.

2. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Glad he met with the other Rocket players. Seemed like they worked out or practice together that morning.

3. mirus

mirus Member

he hasnt met d-mo and destroy?

4. zzpot

zzpot Member

That is a huge problem.. The person posting and testing the audio should be fired!!!

It my be an NBA thing that the Rockets have no control over though... But it's a point that pisses me off.

zzpot

5. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Cool. Yeh I was just starting in 08 and didn't start MCM building classes till 09.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

There was a lot of media there, and it wasn't set up as a press conference nor as a gathering around him. They sort of drew a line for the media to set up shop, then the Rockets extended out a mic for when Lin came. It was somewhat unclear how he was going to talk to us, but it almost seemed like it was going to be town hall format, with Lin 5-10 feet away able to see the field of media at that line.

The media (photographers, cameramen) had set up their equipment on that line and sort of staked out their spots.

Then Lin came out and the line disappeared -- the media all collapsed around him, blocking the photographers. The "Oh, come on!" was from the photographer right in front of me.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... You shove him, right? :).

Seriously, though, I wonder of people will sort out the protocol better as the season goes on or will Linsanty turn the media members gradually into cannibalistic savages.

8. sidestep

sidestep Member

After watching interviews by Royce and Lin, I have to say it's nice to hear answers have some thought put into them instead of total kneejerk boilerplate. There are of course stock repliles, but still enough unexpected and interesting details to make it worth the while.

9. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

Everything left and quick, efficient decisions? Honest, but... eesh

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

What's the problem. Just curious.

11. luden

luden Member

thanks for the vid. good to know guys are there early.

12. VanityHalfBlack

LOL @ the Asian reporter asking Lin has he visited Chinatown yet... That's like saying, have you visited a trash dumpster yet??? Vietown>Chinatown

13. Convictedstupid

Shots fired.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm guessing he's not half black and just 100% something else.

/jumping off this thread just before it gets derailed

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I guess that must be the camera man from CCTV...they were always act like a "Ditator" in working progress in China.:mad:

16. VanityHalfBlack

Vanity is the chick who was in The Last Dragon/80s reference.. Vietown is a lot cleaner/thriving business than Chinatown, no??? Or maybe it's the same ******* thing/ I don't know...

17. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

I have high hope for this kid. Don't let me down JLin7. Thanks for video, Clutch.

18. SunsRocketsfan

totally agree ...and what's worse is I turn up the volume full blast so i can hear the videos and then I forget to turn it back down.. When I navigate to a normal page with normal sound i get blown out of my chair :mad:

19. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

I'm surprised there is no workout footage...

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

someone mentioned a while ago that Lin had gained 10 lbs of pure muscles during the off-season. and in this interview, Lin said he had lost 10 lbs (pure fat?). linsanity 2.0 is faster and stronger than ever before. :eek: