1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin POSTER SLAM vs. Kings!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2013.

1. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

There's a time for subtlety and in the middle of probably the most emphatic dunk of Lin's career in a regulation game isn't one of them. It's nice that they're speechless, but when I first watched the video I was left hanging for 4-5 seconds. I thought the audio cut out and I was missing a ton of hype. Turns out there was no one casting.

2. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Yeah, did you see how pissed off Sampson was after that dunk?

3. Jedster

Jedster Member

LOL...after this trolling comment, please...let's not get mad when other members say that there are racists here. :cool:

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

really? i doubt it tbh

5. bball7

bball7 Contributing Member

From the Kings Broadcast:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aNq0b8RSiuA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If you need commentary just to enjoy a dunk, you suck.

Don't you get it?! The coaches don't like Lin. He didn't really foul out, he got benched for dunking. That's why you don't hear any crazy commentary when it happened. As soon as it happened, they immediately told Bill and Bull not to react.

:rolleyes:

7. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I think it is worthy. I saw it happen live and that dunk was so nasty. I don't think any one was expecting it. And the whole place went crazy after that play.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is to much. There are different levels of athleticism I get that. And I never once said that Lin wasn't athletic ( i actually believe the complete opposite). You are fighting a totally unnecessary battle. Lin doesn't have Rose's & Westbrook's hops is what I mean but very few players have that. Lin himself said he isn't a freakish athlete either don't understand why you are upset.

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I don't need commentary to enjoy a dunk. I enjoyed it so much I wanted some better commentary.

So no, you made quite a silly assumption.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Is Beyonce in a gang?

11. AVP

AVP Member

Only 1 person called out the racist trolling posts in this tread? smh.

12. Fighton

Fighton Member

No. Rest of us just choose to ignore it, knowing full well that the comment was made to get a rise out of people. why pay attention to it?

just like raising a two year old - sometime you just have to ignore bad behavior especially if it was done to attract attention.

13. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

Man still hating....It was great D on one end by Lin PREVENTING 2 points then he goes COAST2COAST and then he DUNKED for 2 points. I don't think people would have made a big deal if he just dunked it.

14. Cynops

Cynops Member

Yes, Jeremy has maybe average to slightly above average hops, great strength for his size, good size and height for his position. He seems to have good full court sprint speed as well. The only exceptional thing he has in terms of athleticism is his acceleration/first step, which is elite in my opinion. Overall I'd say he's definitely above average athletically, but he's still no Drose or Westbrook. He doesn't have to be. His best weapon, first step is one of the most useful ones and he uses it often and well.

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

Well, AI and KJ were on a different level. Rose/Lin/CP3/Irving will never have that kind of insane explosiveness.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

-_- ...

17. zazinteractive

18. Jedster

Jedster Member

Well it's nice if that's the reason for yourself, but surely you can't assume to speak for everyone else on this board?
    I'm sure there are other reasons why people don't speak out, but we don't need to get into that.

I only mentioned something because of past comments in this forum about how annoying people were for claiming racism against Lin, while they deliberately ignored that there were such comments as these lurking around.
    I wasn't riled up by the racist comment...just had a ho hum, there you go, now everyone can see it...kinda attitude towards it.

19. wchusky

wchusky Member

Jeremy Lin can dunk long before this. I am an UCONN fan and below was the first time I saw Jeremy Lin playing against UCONN. He threw it down two-handed in game and scored 30 points against the Huskies. He is way more athletic than people give him credit for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8LLuqpfAhc

20. wchusky

wchusky Member