1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin POSTER SLAM vs. Kings!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"Black players dunk like this every day and nobody pays attention to them or makes threads about them."

- Floyd Mayweather

1 person likes this.
  2. SK34

SK34 Member

It was a nice dunk. He got someone on his poster but not #3 worthy in top ten plays and etc.. It was that amazing which people claim but it was good. And nice seeing Lin get up.

3. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Even Patrick was shocked. lmao

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Titus? epic name.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Typically because the defenses collapse on him, & he isn't as athletic as guys like Westbrook or Rose who can just explode through defenders.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

nods. he does not seem to play quick laterally. That said, you're comparing him to two of the top 2 PGs in the NBA (in terms of athleticism).

7. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

It was top ten because of the full sequence by one player. Block, rebound, coast & coast drive, and then the dunk. That's atypical. If don't think so then you most not watch many games.

8. pnr

pnr Member

Lins blocks always seem like steals to me. He doesnt swat the ball away and i think those are the most effective blocks.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Quit reaching for something that is not there....smh

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Well somebody says why he doesn't do that all the time. And that is my reason as to why. The defenses collapse on him & when the defenses do that only a freak athlete would have the necessary explosion to break through & dunk it.

For him to be able to do that all the time he would have to be one of those freak athletes but he isn't. But frankly I am happy he isn't. A lot of guys are just crazy athletes and aren't good basketball players.

11. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

That was a great dunk, mainly because it was:

1. Unexpected.
    2. He took off from a long way!
    3. Garcia actually fouled him...and Jeremy lin had enough strength and force to put it down!!

12. VanityHalfBlack

13. SK34

SK34 Member

Why do you people get so butthurt about everything?

14. Arthurprescott2

I could stare at this for hours...

15. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Lin gets a dunk. 10+ pages.

16. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Actually if you pay attention on the bench, you will find one of the coach has no reaction at all, like nothing happened, not even one clap. I dont get it.

17. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

18. formido

formido Member

What are you even talking about? He doesn't have the quickness to explode through defenders like Rose and Westbrook? What is exploding through defenders if it's not first step? How many times does it need to be posted that Lin combine tested with a faster first step than Rose and John Wall (and Kyrie Irving, who is relatively slow) before this garbage stops being repeated? Oh, you don't believe that the combine numbers? Daryl Morey says Lin has the fastest acceleration they've ever measured and is by far the fastest on the team.

Please explain how Lin was 3rd in the NBA last year in points per play in isolation scoring and 9th in the NBA in drives this year if he's not "freakishly" athletic? We know he's only got average ball handling skills, so he's not tricking his way past people.

There are many different athletic qualities and not everyone is the best at each of them. Westbrook has freakish length and a two footed vertical jump. But Jeremy Lin has a tested "freakish" first step. Your faulty eyes can lie to you all they want, but my eyes tell me something different. And unlike your eyes, I have two sets of objective data to back mine up.

1 person likes this.
  19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I guess fans are happy for him, now we can say he is fully recovered and his jumper also slowly comes back.
    And also you can not compare him to other players, he does not have that height to dunk every game. I dont remember I have seen TD do that.

20. formido

formido Member

A block and end-to-end dunk is not #3 worthy for one day of highlights? Please don't be absurd.