1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin highlights vs 76ers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Dec 20, 2012.

1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He Landry Fielded'd his shot.

It was good before. Now his elbow is not as tucked in as before and his release seems less fluid and his arc is inconsistent and high.
    Don't understand what and how he could've changed it over one summer, much less while being injured for most of it.

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

What do you mean? What did McHale say?

3. catch22

catch22 Member

thanks for the highlight. i rep you

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think Jeremy's been working on it too hard.

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

If dude could get a consistent J, he's be so much better.

6. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

What's sad is that NY fans seem to have turned on Novak now calling him useless, etc. because Felton can't create for him at all like Jeremy did.

Novak was deadly during Linsanity mostly because Jeremy is great at creating open looks for outside shooters.

7. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

He needs to be able to trust his J in such a way that players can set picks for him and he can come off the screen, pick up the dribble, and shoot. That's what star scorers are capable of doing. If he can't develop that in his offense, he's going to be forever reliant on layups and floaters and I think the max he will ever average would be something like 14 points, kinda like Rajon Rondo.

8. just a word

just a word Member

Post-Philly win
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2012/12/19/McHale121912mp4-2331996

2:09 - "As Jeremy starts getting a better feel, as he starts feeling better I should say, he's just starting to get a little bit more of a flow."

Just by watching, Lin's doing aLOT more lateral movement stuff in the recent two games, hesitation moves, quick darts, spins, and all those are knee-dependent either with the muscles around the knee or putting pressure on the knee itself.

In most of the games before this he didn't 'look' like Linsanity even when he drove; no spins, few hesitations, very little lateral movement (quick side-to-side darts).

Actually, even the spin move during the Philly game was FAR slower than he'd managed during Linsanity so I wouldn't be surprised if he's still not 100%, even though he's getting there.

9. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

He has a solid pullup jumper, he shot them very well last season in NY and has shown flashes of it this season especially the Spurs game. He was knocking down J's and 3's off screens all night that game.

Jeremy started off the season poorly but is now shooting better than Felton or D-Will who are both decent to good shooters normally.

Can't even compare Lin to Rondo, Jeremy is a far better shooter. Rondo shoots free throws worse than most centers, Jeremy is above 80%. Rondo can't hit 3's at all either.

I think Jeremy's terrible shooting in the early season is seared into everyone's mind they don't see that since the first NY game he's been hitting outside shots relatively well.

10. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Well, if that's the case, I would say the coaches have been protecting him by limiting his play somewhat rather this misusing him... just a random thought.

11. just a word

just a word Member

Requires sharp deceleration, which his knee wasn't able to take until recently. Both Morey and McHale has mentioned in multiple places that he's almost (but not quite) all the way there yet.

It's probably also mental and related to the amt he was able to practice this move, but on the whole I'm not worried. Give Lin another off-season and this'll probably be addressed/improved.

12. joepu

joepu Member

Small sample size ;) but there could be something to that.

Novak's 3 pt shooting

during Linsanity 48.5%, 6.9 3pa/g
    after Linsanity 44.9%, 5.8 3pa/g

This year 43.8%, 5.3 3pa/g. Despite playing more minutes, he's getting less shots.

13. just a word

just a word Member

The more that both the coaches and Morey have been talking about Lin's injury 'in hindsight', the more I believe this. The first couple times I kind of dismissed it (like when McHale after the second shootaround, I think, talked about having to be really careful about both Asik and Lin's minutes, and I thought, 'eh? Asik I understand, but Lin too?'), but it keeps coming up.

What I like is that none of them, let alone Lin, EVER used it as an excuse, and kind of talked over it quickly.

14. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Blaiyan.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vGWMKeVTOCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

In Dec(last 10 games) Lin is shooting 48.1% 37.9% from 3-pt, 13.4 PPG, and 5.4 Ast. While that is not earth shattering it is a vast improvement for him. He does need to get to the free throw line more often though. Last year he get to the FT line 6 times a game but only 2.5 this year.

16. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

He needs to get rid of that high school coach pretending to be a shooting coach. Hire a real professional shooting coach. Not that hard. Loyalty is good an all, but things are clearly not working.

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Geraldd39 and Blaiyan are the best! :cool:

18. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Agreed 110%. I wait for their vid highlights after each game. :grin:

19. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I don't really browse their forums much but I think they're also turning on Tyson Chandler for similar reasons. Not sure if I remember correctly, but I think I read for a stretch of time Chandler scored the most when he was paired up with Lin.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah Lin & Tyson were one of the better two man combo's in the NBA last year. But Tyson is a boss though still, he is still playing at a ridiculously high level right now. Tyson helped Lin a lot more than Lin helped Tyson in my opinion.