1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin after the Nuggets game (still has a bloody nose)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2012.

1. King Boo

King Boo Member

He's been missing a lot of his signature moves; again, I don't know if this is due to his health or because of the coach. His floater was absolutely money, but I haven't seen it at all so far.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6M2HunKwHCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

i still see him getting to the rim from time to time, only to get blocked left and right, or simply misses the layup. even on fast breaks, for christ sake. how many times have you seen the trailing teammates got the putbacks after his misses?

this isn't the same linsanity i was expecting

3. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Sadly nobody on the team makes cuts like Landry used to in NY and Asik doesn't have the athleticism. He had an alley oop tonight point blank and missed it badly. He doesn't have the hops.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

Are we going to complain that the team is still getting points off his msises though? That is why Morey likes his aggressive style. Basketball is a team sport. They know he is going to attack so teammates have to trail. If they get the putback off his miss so be it we still got the bucket. The point isn't about Lin getting all the shots it is about the team getting all the shots. Frankly I could care less if Lin attacks the basket 10 times misses the layup & a trailing teammate puts it back than Lin taking long 2's any day.

5. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

a miss is a miss. just because your teammates cleaned up your mess doesn't make a good thing. what about the other misses after which the other team got the rebound?

smh

6. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

It seems like Lin forgot that when the defense converges, the teardrop shot is very effective. Instead he now try to lay up everything, and it's either blocked or way off. (I've seen more Lin shots blocked this season than all of last season.)

However, that screen by Melo in that one play was better than any screen I've seen by a Rockets' big all season.

7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

^ doesn't make *it* a good thing

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes a miss is a miss. But I would rather he attack the rim & miss as opposed to taking a long 2 and miss.

9. King Boo

King Boo Member

You're missing her point. If the possession ends in a Rockets basket, then its a successful possession. Lin attacking the paint creates a better chance of having good things happen, even if it's a clean up by the trailer.

10. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

Knicks bench then were way better than Houston's now.. They just stepped up when the stars not around.. .

11. kinein

kinein Member

Delfino ~ need a release valve and so far I think hes the best one on the team - has the veteran seasoning to provide that security.

Patterson did pretty good offensively but defensively I'm not sold.

12. kinein

kinein Member

You mean Mike Bibby? Josh Harrellson? Tony Douglas? Renaldo Balkman? And Bill Walker?

13. kinein

kinein Member

If he only is given 1 shot in an entire 1st half - I wouldn't expect him to really start feeling it til the 4th quarter. If he even got more then 4-5 attempts off by the 2 minute mark.

14. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Tyson chandler is known to have bad hands... Omer is 10x worse! Those are a lot of lost assists for Lin.

15. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He needs to take more shots period. unless he is being told not to. He is passing up shots because he not confident. The only ways to get out of the slump is to shoot. Defenses are making it very hard for him to go to the rim.

16. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

How about Novak, Shumpert, Jeffries... You may argue about Shumpert, but he was a bencher at the beginning of that season... (Douglas was the starter PG then)....

17. redlawn

redlawn Member

Andre Miller I think. Went for a steal, had a foul to give, if I remember right.

18. redlawn

redlawn Member

I'm not sure Asik is an alley-oop type of guy...

19. Zweilt

Zweilt New Member

Clearly it's the coach. Lin doesn't have the freedom to run the offense as he widh. In NY ball movement is freeflowing. In houston, he's asked to pass. They have to trust him more. Free Mike D'Antoni!

20. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

I really like the kid. He is a class act and a nice guy. I am really pulling for him.

But he got to be able to hit some wide open shots.

Also, where has his floaters gone? He is not using them at all. He is not Steve Frances or Russell Westbrooke, he can't jump out of the gym, he has to use the floaters.