1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden's 16-point 4th quarter vs. Cavs 1/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

Not neccessarily. The outcome of any play should not alter the quality of the play or how it should be judged.

To refute your assertion that all plays that lead to points are good plays, I would have to point out a poor play that does lead to points, and I will use the obvious example of the Harden 43 second iso fumble which resulted in the 3-pointer.

Firstly it was poor because:
    -The shot clock was running down, hence the shot was forced.
    -The shot was taken whilst Harden was off balance.
    -It was motivated by desperation, not a well executed play.
    -Delfino was open and had more room and time to take a high percentage shot.
    -At any moment in this play, he never had an open look even when defender was trailing near and was in his blindspot whilst he stopped for a pull up jumper deep behind the arc.

Now if Harden had missed that shot, all these points will not change. If these points do not change even with the same outcome, therefore all plays that lead to scoring is false.

Note: I like the Patterson screen and how he immediately positioned himself for the rebound when he knew Harden was going for that 3.

2. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

Woops, what I was meant to conclude was that all plays that lead to scoring is a good play, is false.

3. Simone78

Simone78 Member

Jeremy Lin highlights vs Cavaliers || Jan 5, 2013 || by Geraldd
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IPBTMM43Fpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rockets vs Cavaliers | Lin + Team Highlights (1-5-2013) by Blaiyan
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3dD4jtInv6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

He doesnt even need to shoot to get 20 points a night. Amazing. So good.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He had atleast 3 to 4 shots that rolled in and out. He was pretty unlucky for most part. Whats the most impressive about him is he does most of his damage in spurts and most importantly in the 4th. If he puts a 48 minute game together, he can easily one day go for 60 plus.

6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's a star player, when you can crank it up at will in the 4th to take over a game.

7. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i didnt like this play..we lost couple of games because of the bad possessions like this...but i guess the coaches know better than me...

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

WTF?!?!

I had to stop watching after the 3rd and he had like 6 points or something.
    Damn thats some explosiveness there.

Btw anyone know the song at 1:55?

9. cw3k

cw3k Member

I honestly don't like how Harden demanded the ball on q4 and went iso.

Yes, he is good, but basketball is a team sport and should play like a team.

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

They are in the business of winning not in the integrity of basketball.

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He has proven he can score a lot of points on the fourth, he is our closer so why not

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Our off the ball movement in the half court was pretty bad for much of the night. Also, towards the end, there was a lot of milking the clock. Would've worked better if the Cavs didn't keep getting 3pointers or 3pt plays.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James Harden is the super star we were looking for. He is growing by the game.

Now he just needs a better side kick in one of the forward positions and we are all set.

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol or like clyde would say, "nothin but net". after the ball banks off the rim..

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his 2pt J with 47seconds left.......not since ro blackman have i seen such a feathery jumper quiet a crowd on the road with under a minute left on the clock

16. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

And a starting PG with a consistent jumper.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

To refute your assertion _ the team with the most points win.