1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] James Harden - The Hardest Defender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBIZA0408, Dec 8, 2014.

1. HookemHorns1250

Amin's next mission - To take down Patrick Beverley and call him an average defender.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Maybe so. He's already sustained it to the quarter pole. For diehards like all of us, what we know and see are gone are the mental glitches: ball watching, weak close outs, losing switches, cheap reach ins, lack of effort. People think this is cherry picked but it's like "OH NOW you're worried about cherry picking", when in truth, he wouldn't be where he's at with stud defense numbers thus far without consistency.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Well said lol

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

There are:

Raw stats such as blocks and steals
    Advanced stats like defensive win shares
    Actual results like us being one of the best defensive teams in the league with Harden leading our team in blocks and steals among non-injured players
    And now literally video proof

and people are still hating.

1 person likes this.
  5. megastahr

Did you tweet that to him? What's your name?

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

there should also be advanced stats on whats the fg% diff of the opponent that james is guarding

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I did tweet him that pic. Did you see it?

8. clutz

clutz Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets">@ca_rockets</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KPatel1017">@KPatel1017</a> Harden still gets caught standing around</p>&mdash; Matt Moore CBS (@MattMooreCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattMooreCBS/status/540969400447553536">December 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets">@ca_rockets</a> H <a href="https://twitter.com/KPatel1017">@KPatel1017</a> He's no longer a train wreck because their team defense is better. But he still struggles off-ball A LOT</p>&mdash; Matt Moore CBS (@MattMooreCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattMooreCBS/status/540969530525511680">December 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Alex Kennedy & Kurt Helin shared it.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You name me a player right now that plays 48 minutes of straight defense and carries TE offensive load Harden does.

These media people are idiots!

11. bongman

bongman Member

It's happening !!

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now the video has been delegitimized ;)

13. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I feel like the focus is much improved. That's what I think was most frustrating last year. Do we need him to be DA GOATEST on defense? No. Because we have Ariza, Bev, and (sometime soon I hope) Dwight.

I don't really care if the new generation of blogger/writers gives James props. I feel like James has made steps to improve and it's showing. The team is playing well and we're winning games. Forget ESPN and their clickbait.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I almost wish the video wasn't made but with the hating going on ever AFTER this vid went viral I'm not worried Harden will relax. I think he can see this is just disrespect. He will use this to get even better.

15. megastahr

No lol way too many tweets couldn't find it

16. cptnbreakdance

Can one of the better photoshop users put Amin's face on this picture? [​IMG]

17. cptnbreakdance

also, tweet it to him.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

F the media honestly, most of them don't watch Rockets games anyway, they've never seen Harden play defense or not play defense

They just bandwagon whatever narrative is popular at the time, and run with it like it's the truth

Harden was always a good strong post defender, he was lazy last year a lot of times and f's up the defensive rotations. Now that he's put more effort into fixing those mistakes. I think the team culture of being keen on defense helped a lot too, especially with the signing of Ariza, and players like DMo being focused on defense as well.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

how epic would it be if james tweeted his own vid lol?

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It would be pathetic.