1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: James Harden, Daryl Morey after the press conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Oh those are tangible. Trust me.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Clutch impressed Morey with the cap room question, I doubt any other reporter knew that

1 person likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

My thoughs also... he seemed taken back... i definately dont think he was expecting that at all but it seemed to gain some rep from maury... way to go clutch...

4. Playaz

Playaz Member

I meant regarding basketball lol

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

When they said ok, we'll do this, your emotions?

"What 10 things could go wrong? We've been there a couple of times."

Concerned about getting a call from the commissioner's office?

"No comment."

Ha, why did Berman ask that?

6. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

To get a reaction. Its an open secret that Morey's held a grudge against Commissioner Stern since the failed Gasol trade, hence the "no comment" line he typically makes in public.

7. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FkbTD0Wg0WM#t=170s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thought this part was interesting as it is more insight into the mind of Moreyball.

Morey here states, "frankly we do study how guys play, in high leverage situations which is when the game could shift in the balance, which he has played very well in the past." (this goes back to the isolation play and ppp advanced statistics brought up yesterday)

"studied him vs. hard/easy starters to know" that he will be fine as a starter.

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'm mad as hell right now ;).

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Clutch, you better watch out or Morey will hire you and we'll be stuck with tinman or some other yahoo running the site.

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I don't understand why you're so obsessed with his teeth. Let it go

11. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Dude he is a D12 fan. Let it go.

Seriously, you're not going to get anywhere with that guy. He is a D12 fan.

12. slickster

slickster Member

I became a fan of Morey with the Lin and Asik deals. He as is shrewd as they come. Now, with the Harden acquisition, it's pretty obvious he's a full-on pimp.

Morey is easily in the top third of GM's in the assoc. and it's easy to make a case that he's among the top 5 or 6.

This was not an easy reboot with the early retirement of Yao, but Morey's turned it around very, very quickly. If this team can add another all star, they can be right back where they were a couple of years ago, battling into the later round of the playoffs.

13. slickster

slickster Member

Morey's basketball knowledge cannot be questioned.

What impresses me even more however, is how level headed and composed he is in all situations. He always seems to be a step or two or three ahead of everyone else.

I would be shocked if Morey didn't acquire another top level max player by the start of next season, if not sooner.

1 person likes this.
  14. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Notes:
    Female reporter is sexy
    Mark Berhman is relentless
    Harden seems like a very likeable guy

15. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

Asians support Lin, just like Houstoners support Houston teams. Ppl tend to support sb with same identity. But if an Asian supports someone other than Lin, it won't bother me...if a Houstoner supports a team outside Houston, will it bother you?

Frankly, it is so boring to see sb reiterating the 'Asian' thing

Lin's fanbase is diversified, focusing on the Asian thing won't change the fact that he is popular among a larger fanfase...just like focusing on the marketing thing won't change the fact that he is a good player given his career games

it is so boring to see sb using the convenient way to depreciate anothe person...next time, at least be innovative

16. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I like Harden's confidence. He was asked at the end if he thought he'd be ready to play on Wednesday, and responded simply, "Yeah. Easy."

17. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

It is so irrelevant to keep mentioning "Asian"...

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but when Ron talked to you, it seemed like one eye was looking through you, the second one was looking around you, and a third eye was undressing you. You know there were some reporters scared to death of Ron's happy-but-deranged expressions. Harden seems more laid back and cool. You don't sense impending chaos when seeing him interviewed.

19. nbafever

nbafever Member

I think DM meant just like Lebron having bad playoffs doesn't mean he's now a bad player, the same goes for Harden. That series was a blip on his otherwise outstanding career.

20. nbafever

nbafever Member

Yes, fastest rebuild in the West, baby ... 4 months.

That's why among the Rockets fanbase, Morey is a superstar himself. We throw around the adage "In Morey We Trust."

Someone placed him with the OKC (Presti) and SAS general managers as the best among the GMs. I would say he's the best. The best at understanding and using analytics and working the salary cap and trade possibilities. He's not afraid of taking (calculated) risks and then rectifying mistakes quickly.

His downside before may have been building relationships with the players, agents and GMs, but I think this is where Kevin McHale being a former GM can actually coach him a little.

Morey's good and he's actually getting better.