1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden breaks Jeremy Lin's ankles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2015.

1. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Best post in this thread.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh check out the youtube comments on the video
    Funnier than rush hour 2

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not an ankle breaker. Cue Rubio vid for that.

(Scola face says "not bad I like")

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not too much you can do against Harden when he does his jab step, step back shot. Harden's strong solid base makes him able to quickly and strongly jab forward, making it feel like he actually is going to drive. When you react, he has strong enough lower base to instantly stop and step back quickly to create instant separation. Whether he makes it or not is a different story, but letting him shoot that shot is honestly a lot better than giving him an opportunity to blow past you and possibly end up fouling him when he drives to the rim. Harden also likes to jab step between opposing defender's legs to force them into a wider stance and make it much harder for them to recover quickly and jump to contest the step back jumper.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

It doesn't look like a flop. It definitely looks like Lin steps and trips over himself. Then, after the shot goes in, he immediately hops up and starts running down the court. Almost like when you know you do something embarrassing and try to play it off.

If it was a flop he probably would have help his hands up and yelled to the referees.

1 person likes this.
  6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stupid hair

1 person likes this.
  7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Butt hurt lin fans disliking the video. LOL got to love the salt!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah. Looked like a standard Harden bump and step back. Lin just lost the battle.

1 person likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

They hate it cause it's reality

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Holy f***. I just read the comments on the videos rofl.

The LOF's are an amazing species. They need to be dissected and studied for years to come. I will gladly help fund that future research.

11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Here is a link to the video with my favorite angle in slo-mo. (Hit 1/4 speed in the run settings)
    http://www.youtubeslow.com/watch?v=63gE8R_jgmg

You really get to see the cross-over artistry. Harden drove left, stopped on a dime, had Lin over compensating to get back, then throws a few different combinations of cross overs to make Lin shade Harden's left side, then he drives right, stops on a dime again, and by that time Lin's feet are all messed up and he is all out of balance. Step back, boom. Now if Harden's foot was outside of Lin's when Lin tried to over correct to Harden's left side again, then yeah that would be a trip. But Lin is pushing off away from Harden's foot which is inside and adjacent to Lin's. And Lin's foot hit Harden's foot because Harden stopped on a dime. Again, Harden's foot is planted on the floor and not in a position to trip Lin. Lin just got put in the blender, that's all.

12. KDZ

KDZ Member

wow great source for slo-mo. I was asking in another thread last night how many steps james took after lin fell. i counted 4 based on this video. not hating on james in particular just frustrated that nba players gets away with too many travels especially lbj

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Thanks for proving Lin got tripped ;)

Harden's foot stepped inside Lin's "space", so it hooked Lin's heel, as James stepped back. It happens, not a foul, but also not broken ankles.

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

He look ok.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Meh. Lin tripped on Harden's foot when Harden took a step inside.

16. abaker28

abaker28 Member

WOW. Read some of the comments/discussions on that YT video.
    I must be living in another world as that was some of the most vile racist stuff I think I've ever read. I'm normally a pretty open minded, liberal person but some of those comments are WAY OTT.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nice vid. Thx

The 31 second mark is the best view of the trip vs true ankle break judgement. And also best for the travel or not.

Harden is fully planted behind Lin's foot with a clear gap. Lin's foot comes back and his heal slightly taps Hardens heal. Lin's already losing his balance at this point. But I'm fine saying the tap as Lin is pulling his foot back contributed to Lin twisting his ankle and falling.

As for the travel or not...I count two steps. He clearly has the back foot set as the pivot when he gathers (his right foot...the step back foot). The "trip" foot repositions, but still while the pivot foot is set, so that's no step. He can dance all he wants with the other foot as long as the pivot foot is set. The pivot foot very slightly comes up and down (Step 1) while the front foot (left foot) squares up (Step 2) and he jumps. Had that pivot foot not come off the ground (looks like less than an inch) there is actually no steps taken whatsoever.

#97 heypartner, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Here's the point.

Clutchfans is for Rockets fans only. Yet this Clutchfans video is being viewed by lots of Non Rockets fans.

Is it Charlotte fans? no, there's no rivalry.

It's all insecure Lin fans. Think about it.

Rockets fans don't go seeking Golden State posts or Spurs or Mavericks posts. That's for their fans, we don't care if they talk crap about the Rockets amongst themselves

Lin fans are absolutely sick rats that they can't even accept Lin getting waxed b y another player.

I'm sure Lin has been dunked on too and they'll make an excuse or hateful comment on that.

F the LOF

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I like how Rockets fans see how Lin fans faking being a Rocket fan lol

lol

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Here's the official NBA Video!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/63gE8R_jgmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>