1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James "GOAT" Harden game winning layup vs Wizards 2/12/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I wonder what his contract situation is like?

Washington actually has a pretty legit starting 5, but I recognize no one on their bench.

2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Anyone have a video of Howard's nasty block on Vesely?

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's his contract year, thats why he's putting in an effort

4. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Same contract he signed with us. This is his 5th and final year of said contract

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I was in bed following the whole game play by play on my NBA app. So, I was pretty much freaked out watching three after three by Ariza, but still had confidence the Rockets would get it done. Amazing game to say the least.

Thanks for posting the video, makes me happy to actually get to see what happened. Feels great to know the Rockets are relevant again. This team is hardly a finished product, but I believe we are truly contenders this year.

1 person likes this.
  6. eslate22

eslate22 Member

they both drop 35... melo on 28 shots... and harden on 18

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Are you one of those 100's of thousands in Houston with Comcast, mikol, or do you have a significant other who actually needs to sleep during the week? I have one of the latter, and when my back requires laying in bed to watch a game, I use some wireless headphones connected to my bedroom home theatre thingy. Unfortunately, I'm not crazy about them. Way too large and awkward. Still, it lets her sleep. Harmony in the household! ;-)-

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I do NOT have Comcast, I repeat, I do NOT have Comcast. I'm one of the many not happy in the slightest that I cannot watch the Rockets, so I'll do whatever it takes to follow.

My four year old son wanted to follow the game with me last night In bed, so I was reading the play by play to him. Some read Dr Seuss (I of course do on occasion) but I read Rockets play by play to him! Ha! Life is good!!

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's awesome! My kids grew up watching the Rockets here in Austin, and it was the most fun when they were around that age. Everything's exciting, and doing something with Dad is always special. Treasure these years (I'm sure you do!), because they grow up, go to high school, go to college, and discover they know more about every topic under the sun than Dad does. ;-)-

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Harden wouldn't have been able to hook his arm is Ariza didn't have both of them wrapped around him. Kudos to Harden for flopping, because is he doesn't, Ariza is allowed to get away with practically tackling him.

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't mind games being decided by a whistle. To me, it's unfair if one team gets a lead based on one type of officiating, but the trailing team has to adjust to a different set of rules in the final seconds.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ariza fouled harden first before the hook, Ariza had one hand on Hardens arm and one on his back you are not allowed to do that. Harden just said ok, lets make sure the refs see this and he held on too. Ariza tried to be smart and get away with a foul, Harden is smarter.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Lmao perfect