1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Its Finals time again. 86 Finals: Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I see...would you mind checking to see if you can figure out what needs to be changed to make it compatible with divx dvd players?

I dotn have one here to test on....but would have no problem changin things a little if I can...I just need to know what is keeping them from playing.

If you are referring to the regular season stuff from here...that is more than likely my stuff.

2. dischead

dischead Member

It is the GMC warp point's that cause divx/xvid dvd players to stutter and freeze. Any more than 1 warp point will cause this on most players from what I have read.

XVID encodes with a default of 3 GMC warp points, if this can be changed to 1 it should fix the problem but may cause a loss of quality or compression?

Some info on the link below.

http://www.zensonic.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1082&hl=warp+points

3. dream2franchise

Will that tracker page also be used during the regular season? I'd like to avoid seeing any scores until i download the game, if i could go around this site somehow and get straight to the torrent, that'd be pretty cool.

4. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

once again, god bless you r2k...

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

dischead

Ill see what I can do...it may take a little while tho.

dream2,

yes...thats the tracker for the season unless someoen shuts me down. ;)

6. The Hungarian Rocket

It doesn't work for me. There's only 4 leechers and no seeder.

Ps.: thanks for the first game

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i'm seeing 1 seed and 1 peer and 5kb/s at best

8. zoids

zoids Member

Thank you very much for sharing these good matches. Do you happen to have the whole 1995 series versus Orlando Magics? I love to see the dream make shaq look like an idiot again.

9. Fichte

Fichte Member

Wow, Dream scored 25 points on the Greatest Frontcourt of Alltime in the first half!
    :eek:
    His game doesn't look at all that radically different from '93 - '97, the peak years.

10. The Hungarian Rocket

I haven't seen the young Akeem till now. He played like a 6-3 guard.

11. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

What codec do I need to play these? Game one keeps giving me an error message saying "An operation failed due to a certification failure" when I try to play it. This is in realplayer.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I have some of them...but with the DVDs of that series coming out soon...IM holding off till then to see what the demand is like

xvid

and man...please...do yourself a favor and trash realplayer...ithat has gotta be the worse media player extant.

check drox's FAQ ( linked in the intial post) for suggestions on better media players.

13. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I have trouble downloading stuff. All the files are there, ready to be loaded, but the Tracker Status always says "Connecting Tracker, waiting for response". Any advice please?

14. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Thanks, it looks like it turned out that somehow the file wasn't finished, which was weird (Bitcomet said it was finished). I switched from Bitcomet to uTorrent, and there were a couple of segments missing I suppose and it works now, in realplayer.

I'll definately check out some of the other media players in the FAQ, hopefully I can find something with a small imprint on the system, rather than something that's taxing.

15. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

oh yeah, and I switched off Norton Internet Security, so if anybody could help me?

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

welll...there are a few different reasons why it might not be working...do you have a router? Router port forwarding is the most common issue with torrent troubles.

check here for help

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/bittorrent/qt/bittorrentports.htm

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I have a laptop connected to the school intranet, so I don't have a router. Sorry to bother you so much R2K but any other words of wisdom? Thanks in advance :)

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

chances are that the school is behind a larger router since you would more than likely have an internal school ip address. you probably will not be able to port forward yourself for downloading. you could still download but what will happen is that you will download slow and upload fast.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

but

more than likely the ports are blocked at the main school router.

My words of wisdom in this case would be to go buy the IT guy a nice big steak dinner...get him a hooker and a 360...then very nicely ask him to please set you up so you can use bittorrent....be sure to mention the only reason you want it is so you can get Rockets games...if he isnt a Mavs fan...he should understand.

Yo...would you read back and see if you have an answer for dischead's problem described earlier in thread...

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

at work dont have xvid installed here, but if i remember right

global motion compensation and quarterpixel are options generally selected when encoding xvid (i think i recommended it to you) because they do help increase the quality of the encode. The drawback to it is that it errors out on a lot of standalone "xvid" players because of the way the datastream is packed. I dont know the number of people here who have a dvd player that can play divx/xvid but i figure that number to be small. I would still recommend using GMC and QP for the overall greater good.

dischead ---sorry i would suggest watching it on a pc or maybe do what I plan to do since my modded xbox died on me---building a cheap media center pc to watch xvids/divx and all on my tv.