1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VIDEO HPD arrests BF for very minor offense

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with how the officer handled this unlike that incident in Austin. You don't get out of your car when pulled over and request a different officer. He didn't bodyslam her on the pavement. He remained transparent in letting her call 911 and gave her more than enough time to comply with a simple traffic ticket. Didn't make any remarks about how black people are more prone to violence and lie about being struck to justify excessive force.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he did give her a ton of leeway to flagrantly break the rules and then he's accused of misconduct anyway....it's part of why I'm not quick to believe reports of excessive force or misconduct. People cry wolf WAY too often. Even in this video she's yelling "He's about to tase me" and there was no reason for her to think that at all, he never suggested that he was going to and he wasn't reaching for it. She just said that to make it sound like he was mistreating her when he really wasn't. Sure, she was getting arrested, but that's what SHOULD have happened in that situation.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you should donate for your **** posting comparing posting on a bbs to policing

4. ipaman

your bias shows immediately when denounce BLM as a lie. you should step back and try and see if from her perspective. what she sees, what she does, not what you see or what you would do. it's not easy of course, much easier to cast blame and name call.

1 person likes this.
  5. ipaman

Yea but she's a citizen idiot, he's a paid professional.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, in fairness, it WAS founded on a lie and it rose to national prominence on the strength of a different lie.

Which is why she got herself arrested for what could have been just a traffic ticket and why he conducted himself professionally and just did his job.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

No, he couldn't. Not for a moving violation. The driver has to be identified and must sign the ticket to appear in court.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow are you clueless. First this was Metro, not HPD. Second, you think a cop who pulls someone over for an offense should just sit there and wait until the person they stopped is ready to comply with the orders they have given???

How did he escalate anything. He was as calm as an officer could be waiting for her to get off of the phone with 911. She completely ignored his orders and he was patient for quite a while until he had enough. She was even lying to 911 saying he was going to use a taser on her when he never reached for it. Takes you bias blinders off and actually watch the video with just a tad bit of common sense.

I do not watch Fox but please point out where I stated an untruth. BLM is built on a lie. That is indisputable fact.

I am a Christian Conservative. In most cases I am 100% Conservative but sometimes lean a little toward Libertarian side. It would not bother me to legalize drugs like mar1juana.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is that what he said? How do you get all of that from "BLM is built on a lie"? It was, that's just a basic indisputable fact and it has nothing to do with blacks getting treated differently than anyone else or any other BS direction you want to go.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

If that is true, and I am not saying it isn't, why then did BLM use blatant lies to build on? Why not pick cases where what they claim actually happened to build upon? When they start with a lie it is very hard to take them seriously. Also, if they truly stand by their namesake, Black Lives Matter, why not take on the biggest cause of African American deaths, balk on black murder, instead of just what happens with police? Had they built their movement on the truth instead of lies, I could take them seriously. Also, when they shout things like "Pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon" and "What do we want? Dead Cops!!!" It brings their credibility down to zero and that is not even mentioning the actual cops murders that were spawned out of their group.

#71 cml750, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

Exactly!!! Thanks Bobby! i would rep you but I have to spread some around before repping you again.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

I said BLM was founded on lies. That is indisputable fact. "Hands up don't shoot" from the "gentile giant" was a complete and utter lie. I say to you yet again to rewatch the video and let go of your bias. Just use good old fashioned common sense and you will get it.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not the lie that it was founded on, it was founded on lies related to the Trayvon Martin case, it just gained national prominence due to lies related to the Micheal Brown case and "hands up don't shoot"

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Oh, I know. Both were lies. The "Hands Up" lie was worse in my opinion but both were lies.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It could have been a positive movement if the supporters had done a little research on the events leading up to the deaths they were protesting and showed a little restraint. There were certainly cases that deserved attention, but the argument quickly falls apart when the movement begins supporting people who's actions were clearly the primary cause of their deaths.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

Agree wholeheartedly once again KC.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Justice Department is saying, again and again and again, that it's true. Nobody really cares whether you think it's true.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

So what is the basic indisputable fact according to you that make it a lie?

I am actually curious to see your weird take on this matter.

So you think black lives matter as much as white lives to the police forces of the United States?
    What?

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL .... this video is hilarious! All it needs is a....

"P.O.P hold it down! Pimp Squad Baby fo life" at the end!