1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: Houston Rockets introduce Omer Asik - Press Conference, 7/26/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Asik is much different than Miller. Asik plays defense.

2. prs325

prs325 Member

He is "The Sheik"

3. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

He seems genuinely pleased and excited about the opportunity, as things stand now, to be a starting center, to be a substantially more significant contributor to the team than he's been able to be for the Bulls, and to develop his game more fully. I'm happy for the guy and wish him the greatest success in his efforts to help the Rockets.

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

He is also foul prone, and a liability at the line

teams will hack him in close games

but i trust in Morey

5. arubato

arubato Member

Asik will be payed 8.33M per year not 5-5-15

6. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

welcome to houston omer and good luck.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

he actually missed 2 in a row. they didn't show the first one

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QdiGpkZoyho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

It just baffles me how someone can play the game for years and years,make it to the pro level,and still be so pathetic from the free through line.

Hopefully that embarrassed him enough,so that he's been working on it like he's possessed.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

It happens. Thiago Splitter I remember in the spurs game. Griffin I remember air balling some FT's.

10. supdudes

supdudes Member

"I knew Lowry was going to have to go through all this and Scola... well, Scola was... But I, I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life, I don't apologize, to take care of my team. And I refused to be a fool dancing on the strings held by all of those big shots. That's my life, I don't apologize for that. But I always thought that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the strings. A Laker, a Clipper, something."

Asik: "We'll get there. We'll get there Daryl"

1 person likes this.
  11. lalala902102001

Omer Asik is one of the best defensive centers in the league. He is absolutely horrible on offense. We know that. We should also remember that Asik is also only 26 and has room to grow. Capable young centers are rare in this league and it's good to have one. Signing Asik fills the biggest hole on this team right now. I think he will do just fine.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Morey and Alexander had better things to do than showing up.... showing Ahsik is not on Lin's impact level.....
    j/k
    srsly seems to be a boring opposed to Dmo... but glad both seems hard working guys

13. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

He looks very uncomfortable and nervous. You can tell he is actively trying hard with his English to both understand what everyone is saying and make a clear answer. I guess we have to be conscious of the fact these guys did not grow up with English like most of us did.

I really hope he can work hard on his offense like he says because his defense is already strong.

14. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

Old Grumpy Adelman was the one pushing for BMiller. that was his grand idea, not morey's.

15. rocketsmetalspd

His D is great. His Offense will get there in time. I hope Mr. Dawson, Dream, and McHale can help him out.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, he will be paid 5-5-15, but the cap hit will be 8.33 per year.

By the way, thank you Clutch for the video - how come Clutch can manage to put out videos with great sound whereas every rockets.com video has terrible sound settings where you can't even hear anything, even when you crank the sound all the way up?