1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Highlights] Donatas Motiejūnas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glenyo, Jan 29, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Haha, good catch. Meant "per game", or "per 36 minutes" perhaps

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't foul things up, DD! Don't lay down the Jinx on us, man. Be calm. Be reserved. That's your strong suit, so button that sucker up. ;-)-

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It is the other way around. Rebounds go up in the NBA because of a faster pace and more missed shots. Donatas was 2nd in rebounds in Euroleague next to Kirilenko, at the end of the season.

5. BeechSpicer

BeechSpicer Member

if i told you i wanted to hook you up with two girls. One looked pretty good, and the other at best was above average.
    Do you still think they mean the same thing

6. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

More like a Vlade Divac

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol..... women are different.....
    never liked the female Gasol

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would say, "Not cheating on my wife man."

But to answer your question... yes?

9. Rockets_4_life

I would be willing to bet that had Motiejunas opted to stay out of draft, and gone on to produce at the level he is now and against the competition his done it against, he would have been a top 5 pick in this upcoming 2012 NBA draft.

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

..............You do realize that the rebounding rate in Europe is way different than in the NBA don't you? Truth is, there are many more opportunities to get rebounds in the NBA. Even though the NBA is said to be more "physical" on the block than in Europe, the rebounding stat is easily transferable given the fact that there are many more rebounds in an NBA game. Motiejunas looks like a solid rebounder from this year.

I think Motiejunas will average more than 6, if hes given time. In any case, 6 rebounds for a power forward is tolerable. Luis Scola averages 6 rebounds. So does Bargnani, who Motiejunas could mirror in his career. Wouldn't be bad at all if he fit that mold.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Scola only started averaging 6 boards a game this season, and averaged a bit over that his rookie year, when he played only 25 minutes a game. The previous 3 seasons, Luis averaged 8.5 boards a game. I expect Donuts to average at least 8 rebounds per game if he becomes a starter with the Rockets. Possibly more.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Thats what I keep saying about alot of rockets players. To be special, you need to have special traits or skills. Size,speed,agility,athleticism. The rockets have 3 players that meet that criteria, williams,thabeet,and donuts. Everyone else kinda fall in line.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agreed, and the Rockets continue to look at personality over possibility.

IMO, Thabeet should be playing some, he was productive as a rookie with conistent minutes......just because he doesn't breathe fire, doesn't mean he is a guy who couldn't develop.

Oh well, McHale has his favorites.....

DD

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not to derail the thread, but you know very well that Thabeet not playing isn't a McHale thing. He didn't play at all last year either, when we had even more need for size and rim protection.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rick has his favorites too.....

I just think when you pick up a number 2 pick who is an enormous guy with good athleticism at a position of need, you should play him.

You can learn a little in practice, but there are very few practices this year and some people are gamers.

Meh...doesn't matter what I think, we have had this discussion in other threads.

Let's keep it about DMo...and his special quickness.

DD

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Play them all. Donatus, Patterson, Parsons, and Marcus Morris. Letthe good ones sort themselves out. Trade Scola and Budinger to make it happen.

17. zzpot

zzpot Member

A lot of people have called Bosh super soft... Guess what.. they don't say that about Bosh these days do they.

MoJo has game and DM has stowed him over seas with playing time and it costs Les and the Rockets not one dime.

Note we still have Llull over there too... and M&M has still yet to play an NBA game.. hope his foot is better soon.. and there is still smith in the D- league to to match an offer for...

just saying is all... Ty for the person that made the vid of MojO..and mixed that music... Thank you.

zzpot:cool:

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it's easier to score in the nba, all the athleticism advantages in the world don't make up for the hand checking and refs not calling fouls on wind blowing.

19. Burko

Burko Member

I'd like this guy to be good and he does seem to have some good moves and passes well, but when you get to the hoop as a 7 footer you need to be finishing strong, otherwise you are going to get messed up in the NBA.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Gasol and Nowitzki, the two best-case comparisons people keep throwing out for D-Mo, don't actually dunk all that much as 7-foot big men in the NBA.

I am not at all convinced Motiejunas can be as good as those guys, but in terms of his physical build and style of play, he is definitely in their mold.