1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Harden demands ball. Selfish/Petulant? Did Paul misread the play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 4, 2017.

1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Not crispy enough for your fat azz

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Miscommunication by all three parties. No biggie because they got the majority of their plays right.

4. bongman

bongman Member

Wow, working outside under 70 degree SoCal weather? What a bunch of whimps. :)

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Where's LiAngelo?

DonKnock likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, wasn't trying to rile ppl up. The conversation was already active in the Game Thread, and this wasn't the first game with such a discussion. But yes, I did try to capture the sentiment of ppl questioning Harden's motives. Maybe you're right and I should have left the Title at "Harden demands the ball." Or just don't post the video for discussion at all, even though the play is being discussed, and more of these are likely to happen.

I'm actually getting tired of some fans seemingly hunting for friction between Paul and James. Why not discuss it?

If you look at my comments in the game thread, and in the OP here, I don't think this is a big deal at all. If ppl get riled up by a thread title of questions addressing sentiments floating out there, then, imo, maybe this is the way to address it....by highlighting it.

anyhoot, I don't think it riled up anyone. do you?

cheers

I am still legitimately curious what Capela and Harden were doing together. I believe we've seen that play before, and will again. It wasn't just Harden asking for the ball to shoot a 3, as basketballholic limits his thinking to. That off-ball action play has several options...and it is what many of us hoped to see -- that is, Harden running off-ball action, for Paul to set him up...vs Harden starting with the ball all the time.

@DonKnock , I don't think that play is Point Series. If it is, MDA has moved it out from the corner, and if so, Harden's intent was likely to immediately attack that pick with Capela dragging with him. If Paul man moves to help, Paul has a wide-open 3 from the top of the arc.

We've also seen a PnR facing 3 weakside shooters. I've been calling that out every game, nearly. And this action could also lead to a DHO out front, like we've seen. I'm voting it was that new, weird unbalanced PnR with 3 weak-side shooters.

#86 heypartner, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Name me players you have seen turn up together on a random day while the NBA season is over excluding LBJ and Wade and also excluding weddings. I’ll wait.... Like I said it’s more rare than you think, there’s an article about this btw you should look it up and make your own conclusion.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

In Vegas I was at the Wynn gambling at a blackjack table w/ parsons and John wall who became good friends through the years apparently

At xs in Vegas, our very own pj tucker while he was a phx sun came out with Rudy gay and Kevin love.

Deandre jordan and draymond green were out and about together not too long ago together right after the KD twitter fiasco.

Devin Booker came out to aura last season after they played the rockets and met up our very own James harden. kind of a funny story bc a friend of mine asked to take a pic with him but he told her he couldn't bc he wasn't supposed to be there and he's underage. Which he was at the time haha

I could just go on on how many players I've seen together in person and just by the media. Don't be so quick to think you're right bc you're not. You seem to be stuck in some kind of box while everyone else isn't

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

This thread is somewhat entertaining, which is more than I can say about about a good number of threads that get posted here, so I’ll give you that. That said, it’s essentially an echo chamber of rational fans reacting to the title and narrative you attached to the play in your post that you yourself don’t even buy into. There are a couple crazies that have shown the contrarian view you laid out, but what gets lost is what I think you’re really trying to accomplish in conversation about the intricacies of our plays.

10. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

It should be at practice, when they normally talk about games past. That should be obvious for anyone, even those pretending to be intelligent.

11. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

I guess the conversation went a bit like this: "Oh hey guys, when did you become friends anyway?"

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok show no emotion during actual games. got it.

we talking about practice?!

13. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

This is how World Wars start. First there's a misread play. Then there's jumping up and down. Before you know it, Harden and Tucker are having a heated conversation at the end of the bench. You might think this is professionals working out their synergy but no - it's the act of a selfish/petulant guy and the floor general missing a play. And next thing you know, Pringles starts growing another mustache, this time much larger than the last one. That sets off several Clutchfans threads about whether "is everyone going to just ignore [Pringles mustache]". This causes Clutch himself to think about shutting the site down and it goes without maintenance. Unbeknownst to him, this causes a bug just when several scoop writers are observing the site, creating false threads about "General CP3 misfires". The scoop writers post this to Twitter, where the former fired Rockets social media employee (horse.img, gun.img) had left a malicious code in Twitter to garble Rockets text in an act of vengeance. The text comes out as "General of Corea rePublic fires 3 missiles". It's 3AM and President Trump happens to be up at that time, eating McDonalds, and texting about the new season of the Big Bang Theory. This perfect combination of subliminal messaging leads him to believe he must launch a retaliatory strike and he hits the Big Red (Rockets) Button. Countries around the world see the missile strike initially as harmless but decide that Yi posterizing Donatas Montiejunas (former Rockets) a few days ago in China is secret code for an act of war on China and Europe and fire off their armaments as well.

And thus WW3 begins.

Or you know, it could be just two ball players playing ball.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Harden, Cp3, and co were simply having fun toying with an opponent

Harden probably thought he was playing at the drew league that's why he was jumping up and down

15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

This isn’t the first time this has happened, I’ve mentioned this exact same thing happening about 4 games back. He expects to touch the ball every possession.
    I Said I was worried when I saw it happen on a few occasions already when Paul kept the ball rather then giving it to Harden and running to a corner.

16. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Yep, it was the time of the game when he was on his hero ball trip. Just like when he runs the clock out and jacks up a wild shot.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL harden wasn't even asking for the ball. he wanted some play to be ran that they have agreed to given how the defense setup

18. Victorious

Victorious Member

LOL this was a discussion? All Harden did was get animated when calling for the ball because he was open. Cp3 missed him. It happens. Nothing to see here you lol cfans overreacting like always

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Chris Paul made the visual signal of point, you can see Beverley doing it in that video I posted. This is why Harden was expecting the ball.

What I think was supposed to happen on that play is that CP3 gives to Harden, who quickly gives it to Capela for a double handoff designed to get Harden downhill in the lane. I think this is what the intent was because they wanted to try and prevent that action being iced (as KCP tries to do ones he sees Harden trying to get the pass)

heypartner likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no. i asked them what they thought of players only meetings and how often they had them.