1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was only level 3 or so when I typed that - all my spells suck except one or two. Last night I had one of the most satisfying mass kills I've had in any game I've tried. it involved the level 5 Dror Ragzlin in the Sacred Sanctum/goblin camp area and about 8-11 of his sidekicks and ...

it involved the use of explosives... thank you Internet. I was stumped trying to beat that with my lowly characters. I would've never guessed to steal a bunch of those and just throw them in front of people, climb up into the rafters and fire on them and annihilate the entire room. Makes me want to reload a save and try it again. Screw spells - I want BOOM!

#561 Dr of Dunk, Jan 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    clos4life and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

So much freedom allowed and encouraged in BG3, gotta love it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Finally got around to really playing Ghost of Tsushima after a few years of putting it off. The core game certainly isn't original (explore map, complete sidequests etc..) but the swordplay mechanic is extremely satisfying once you get comfortable with it.

Played Tactics Ogre reborn a few months back...that game still holds up extremely well.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I want to finish up things in Act 1 before moving onto Act 2 but how do I know when Act 2 actually starts? I'm in the Shadow Lands doing Shart's quest and trials. I haven't made it to the towers yet. Is there a clear indicated separation between the acts?

FranchiseBlade and clos4life like this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

It is safe to say you are well into act 2. There are no official breaks between acts.
    The big metal golem is the end of act 1, the shadow lands is the start of act 2. Let me know if you want to know when act 3 starts.

6. Duncan McDonuts

You mean that golem Grym in Grymforge?

I wanted to tidy things up in Act 1, do stuff that I wouldn't miss. I think I did most things since I explored as much as possible. I went back to Grymforge to find a trader but I guess they're gone now.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeah, that's the one. I had something similar happen to me.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

FINALLY finished Cyberpunk 2077. Playing the Phantom DLC now. Alan Wake 2 in queue. Finished Spider Man 2 (absolutely incredible) and Jedi Survivor recently too.

clos4life likes this.
  9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Did this the same way. Very satisfying. I restarted because reading on the internet, I did not think about wiping my companions and rebuilding them into better builds than the default. There wasn't much tweaking to them, but the little differences were very beneficial. I am still only partway thru act 1. I have finished everything in the forest area except the Githyanki Creche stuff and a couple of little side things. I want to finish that before I delve into the underground area.

10. Duncan McDonuts

There's the Underdark and Withering Depths (spider area?) that are still in Act 1.

Also **** the Giths. I murdered those lizards with no remorse.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was about to leave the Grove area after wiping out much the surface area of Act I around the goblin area and I guess progress to the next act when I randomly talked to a guy standing around at the exit waiting to leave. He ended up being
    Wyll
    who can join your party. After that, I just started looking at all the quests I could still do and ran into another potential party member. I don't know if I'll use either of them, but eh. I know I killed another potential one, but again, eh. lol. I'm guessing I still have a lot of exploring to do, so I my just hang out and do some more fighting around the area since it looks like I have a lot of fog of war down south (?). That area was eating me up as a level 2, so maybe I'll do a bit better as a level 4. Also remembered I need to go back and try to beat the Withering Depths phase spiders that were kicking my butt earlier.

#571 Dr of Dunk, Jan 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
  12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I use Wyll in my party, he is kind of a combo melee spell caster. I use him mostly to cast since I'm playing my main as melee.

You can get him when you first get into the grove. He is teaching little kids to sword fight. He leads you to another possible party member with his side quest, Karlach. I am not using her currently. I killed Minathra in the goblin hideout because siding with her and taking out the druids didn't fit with my character, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I will probably paly through again with a different class and side with her.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I accidentally found Wyll and then went looking for Karlach and found her. I didn't notice him in the Grove because I almost immediately went to the Goblin Camp and killed everything in sight around there before I even completely went walking around the Grove. By the time I accidentally found Wyll, I was about ready to go to Act 2, I guess. As for Karlach, I'm not really liking her turning into a spontaneously combusting fireball right now, so may try Wyll. I picked up Karlach and put Lae'zel on the bench, but may go back to using Lae'zel as my tank.

I usually have 2 casters on my team and right now I have myself as a sorcerer and Gale as a wizard. I also have Shart who can cast a dinky fireball here and there and for healing (sort of). I can't afford to have 3 casters, so I'll have to Check Wyll out and see if I want to dump Gale for him.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

[​IMG]

16. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is so easy to not get a companion. I do have Wyll and make him my lockpicker and disarmer since I booted Astarion. My first attempt...
    I never got Gale because Shadowheart and Astarion kept telling me the portal where he was looked unstable and dangerous so I felt like I should listen to them and never investigated. It wasn't until I read about so many people and Gale that when my saves messed up and started over, and was searching everything that I finally found him.

clos4life likes this.