1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Wearing Headsets with Microphones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tenchi, Mar 15, 2011.

?

Does wearing a headset while playing video games make you an @sshole?

1. Yes.WTH is wrong with nerds these days?

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Yes, but I want to be competitive.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, its totally acceptable and part of the scene now.

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  4. No, but I've also never felt the warmth of a woman.

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

When I was younger we would play video games next to each other. As I grew older we were able to play multiplayer online. People could chat and stuff by typing it in. Now I see everyone wears a headset and talks smack to each other that way. It looks pretty dumb to me. Would wearing a headset while playing games make you an @sshole?

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

oops mixed up the poll choices.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

What you do in the comfort of your home is your business. Personally I think it's kind of douchey, but I'm old school, I don't even game online. The only reason I have live is for netflix and updates.

1 person likes this.
  5. lionaire

lionaire Member

I don't know about you, but I don't really like pausing in the middle of the game to type up a message...call me douchey.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Surround Sound Headset is better than Blasting surround sound through the stereo at 2am.

7. tmoney1101

I'm not trying to message anyone when I play video games.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What is the point of playing with friends if you cannot talk to them? I don't wear it when I play Fifa or 2k because there is only me and the opponent but I wear it when I play FPS like Cod or Halo because it is easier to strategize and win when you can talk

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

I guess :rolleyes:. It's a must for me to be able to talk s**t when I'm playing madden or 2k...

11. tmoney1101

I usually watch hulu.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I wear a headset when I'm playing with my friends in Bad Company 2, solely so we can all go "watch out, there's a guy hiding in such-and-such spot" or coordinating attacks or whatever.

Don't really use a headset for any other game, nor do I use a headset even in BC2 unless they're my pre-existing friends. Don't really want to listen to a bunch of random potty-mouthed kids screech, and I also don't feel the need to put a mic on just to taunt someone. Still, I don't condemn people who use mics all the time, it's just not for me.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I only play fighting games online, but I haven't had one good experience with a mic user on PSN. I imagine it's useful in a shooter though.

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The prevalence of the headset brought us the classic Vince Vaughn scene from the Breakup where he is taunting the kid while playing Madden. For that, I cannot complain about it being used.

Low quality linkage

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I'm not as much as a gamer as I would want to be (I'm married, I have children, I also have real hobbies that require talking to people and being social), but I have never ever used a headset with Microphone to play any video game. I play Madden, Gran Turismo 5, Tekken, Wii Sports, Super Mario, etc., so those don't require them. I've never seen or been to a house of a friend or relative that uses them. I guess I don't know any hard core gamers that have used them.

I pass by those at the Worst Buy and think to myself: "Man, I hope I never have to wear one of those." :eek:

You youngsters love that stuff... go ahead and do it. Just don't complain later that you can't talk to a real woman. :p

I kid. To each his own. No, it doesn't make them a-holes... just hardcore gamer dudes.

16. jae713

jae713 Member

I wear them, but I dont do much talking. I do it mostly for the sound quality on the headset.

17. dback816

dback816 Member

You'll mostly find people wearing headsets if they're playing shooters.

So that's pretty much all 360 owners, since they have no other genre to play.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't talk ****, I use it to communicate to friends online. I usually never talk to the random Xbox Live people because every other word spoken is either profane, perverted, or r****ded.

19. rawool

rawool Member

I used to own a pair of Plantronics DSPs back in my competitive Counter-Strike days. :)

20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I know what you mean, when I look at new releases it's mostly all FPS however I own a XBox 360 and also own absolutely zero shooters for it and am quite happy with my game libray