1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Mass Effect Andromeda

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Nov 1, 2016.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Mass Effect hasn't quite pulled me in like some of the other open world games and role playing games. I feel like it needs to be a better game, and feel less like a chore. Think I was mostly playing to get with the girls, and even that was work. I didn't see it as a 9.5 game, but more like a 7.0. Still playable, but I haven't quite been able to get into it.

Jontro likes this.
  3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Bioware RPG's are the best of all time for me.

Kotor series
    Jade Empire
    Mass Effect series (aside from the ending of the og trilogy)
    Dragon Age series

All of these are nothing short of amazing and some of the best games ever made.

In addition these guys made Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights which used to be two of the top 5 RPG series in ancient times.

I'll finally pony up the money to get a next (current) gen console to play this.

#3 DudeWah, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Invisible Fan and Wapzoe like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will be buying this without question.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Aw damn.. I still haven't finished Mass Effect 3...

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did you play all of them? 2 and 3 are a lot better gameplay-wise, 1 was dragging a bit and suffering from bad mechanics.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Played 1. I just watched the trailer for 2 and I don't think I played that one.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Played 1, 2, and 3. good series. i enjoyed the multiplayer on ME3 more than anything tho. don't remember much from the story line. i find it amazing that i still play the multiplayer from time to time and there are still plenty of people who play (at least from 2 months ago).

Will definitely get ME4 if they have multiplayer. hopefully they'll make a "vs" mode than just coop. that shiz gets boring, especially when you have **** teammates who run into danger thinking they're rambo and refuse to use their medigel.

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really enjoyed the Mass Effect trilogy. The ending for 3 was fine for me. I may get this for PC instead of PS4.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I finally played ME3 a month ago after playing through the first two twice two years ago. Gameplay wise, I preferred ME2 the most.

I also saved Ashley in ME1 because I wanted to bone her even though I preferred Kaidan as a squad member. And I did. Twice.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gotta play 2. They overhauled the gameplay and got rid of those stupid rover missions. 1 is really a table setter for 2.

If you love 2, then 3 will be sad and depressing. For 3 to be remotely enjoyable compared to 2, you'll need to get the Citadel DLC (or watch the youtubes).

The games are so expansive, that watching 2 on youtube doesn't do it justice, though I did watch some arcs that I missed.

Boned Kaidan twice? Mod?

shastarocket likes this.
  12. Duncan McDonuts

Boned Ash twice. Kaidan sacrificed himself for Shepard's conquest.

13. magman

magman Member

Huge Bioware fan, I've played through part 2 maybe 4 or 5 times, first few tries on xbox 360 and then with mods on PC, I'm going to start Mass Effect 3 again with mods and controller support on PC pretty soon in anticipation of Andromeda.

My gut tells me this will be delayed till next fall.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

ME2 was definitely the best.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm laughing @PhiSlammaJamma 's conclusion from only playing ME1!

ME2 was my favorite of the series, though I'd say that much of the criticism for ME3 is overblown in retrospect. Both games are damn enjoyable and well-worth your time and money.

btw, look up which planets are worth "mining" to lessen the pain. In fact, I'd advise you to just use a "save editor" and avoid the tediousness altogether. Resource gathering pretty much never adds anything to gameplay

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't understand the Mass Effect 1 hate.

It's a great game and was pretty revolutionary in the sci-fi RPG genre.

17. Duncan McDonuts

ME1 was good but it was just very tedious and the gameplay wasn't as refined as the others. ME2 was more enjoyable to play. ME3 felt more like missions in the ME universe and less like an RPG than ME2.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if you liked the series and havent gave it another playthrough, please kys

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to see a gameplay trailer

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

i saved ashley in the first playthrough, but she acted like a beesh later on with her self righteousness. so i killed her in the second playthrough, bros before hoes.

besides, miranda was a lot hotter and more sophisticated. even the reporter chick who lived in the ship was hotter.