1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Grabbed a 1080 ftw last night, I couldn't take the dips in FPS that my 970ftw2 was causing....seriously need that patch for the game.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Patch 1.5 is here and it comes with some exciting new features as well! On top of having over 200 bug fixes and newly simulated women clothing, the player can now wash away his sins by buying indulgences in churches. If there was any time to get back into Kingdom Come: Deliverance, now would be the time! Please keep the feedback coming folks! We will continue to make Kingdom Come: Deliverance the best experience that we possibly can. Thank you all for your patience and support."

Let's goooooo. :D

Uprising likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I downloaded the patch but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'm very excited. I can't say enough good things about this game. I got my brother started on it and we've comparing notes so far. So many ways for the game and quests to unfold. I'm on my second play through now.

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Playing on PS4?

I'd love to hear what you notice about the patch. Specifically the optimization. Truly a great game and it's exciting that they continue to clean it up.
    [​IMG]

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I am actually on the Xbox One. My brother is playing on the PS4. I'm wrapping up the end of school. And have in-laws visiting the day school is out. I'm about to burst because I haven't been able to play yet. I may not be able to get on for weeks. I may be able to sneak in a little bit of gameplay while the in-laws are here. I really hope so.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. Uprising

Nice! I'll take a look @ it when I get home.

RudyTBag and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I was able to play for about an hour today. Unfortunately, I'm in a place where there are no women, so I couldn't see the new graphics for them. Nor, could I get out to see if any of the quests that were bugged have been fixed. But, it already looks like there is an improvement, for what it's worth.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Haven't picked this back up on PC ever since the audio stopped working around 30 minutes in. Figured there'd be even more problems down the line and it wasn't worth investing more time in.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow! When you said realistic game play, you were serious.

KingCheetah and Yung-T like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

LOL! Yes, and in the 1400's there were definitely places that were even more segregated.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. Uprising

I'm having an issue where my system seems to lock up after about 20 min of play. or so it seems that long.....

I don't think it's over heating etc....

But I'll have to take the time to look into it.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

So I'm waaaay late to the party on this, as per usual with my huge gaming backlog. And in fact it probably would've been even longer, but my desktop crapped the bed a few weeks ago (took 20-30 tries to boot, I'm guessing PSU, mono, or memory issue), and on a 6-year-old rig I didn't feel like diagnosing it and just got a new computer. I used this game as a real-world stress-test use-case since I understood it was very technically demanding on a gaming rig, and most synthetic benchmarks tend to give unrealistic workloads.

Anyway... holy hell. This game is really amazing. I agree with FranchiseBlade's review. It's difficult to say enough good things. 20-ish hours in, I actually like it as much as I liked Witcher 3 thus far, which is *really* saying something. The combat is unequivocally better than Witcher 3 for me, too.

@FranchiseBlade, is there any good way to do a new game+? I don't see that they added it as an official feature, and I'm already anticipating that I might want to play this again! I would potentially just cheat a few things in on a subsequent playthrough if I wanted, but what few mods I've installed from nexus mods only seem to sometimes work. Like instant herb-picking works for me, but arrow dot doesn't, for example. I haven't gotten "cheat" to work yet either (not that I have particularly wanted to use it TBH as I don't want to be OP on an initial playthrough).

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I haven't found a way to really do different games with different saves. I played all the way through twice doing things slightly different and I believe just overwriting my old saves. I only saved my last couple of saves. Then I tried it on the super-hard challenge mode whatever it was called. I can't remember the actual name. It is a lot of fun. I haven't done all of the other add-ons yet.

14. Drexlerfan22

Wow, okay, so thanks for mentioning the harder mode. When I thought about it I didn't remember an option to select difficulty... then I remembered there was a "hardcore mode". I wrongfully assumed that meant something like an ironman / no deaths kind of mode, which I wasn't interested in. But now that I look it up, it seems seriously cool. Ratchets up the realism and challenge to 11 as it were. That makes me want to try it on that mode from scratch anyway, if I do decide to play it again. Thanks!

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yeah. That's it. Hardcore mode. The game was so hard at first (in a good way) that I wouldn't consider it. But once I did, I loved it. It was my third play through so I had some grasp on things. But without the compass rose, I would get really lost frequently.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Kingdom Come Deliverance II is coming out in 2024, supposedly.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

17. Drexlerfan22

The funny thing is I had already decided to buy a new computer at the end of this year already when the new gen of Intel processors and Nvidia came out, and I was telling my brother I figured I'd take it as an opportunity to play KCD again with *actually* maxed setting this time (since my current computer was best of everything a year after the first KCD came out and it *still* couldn't do it). Now I guess I'll have to decide if I want to play them back-to-back or just skip to KCD2. Decisions decisions...

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm thinking of trying KCD again now just to back in the swing of the game. I'm playing on the console but it will be the newer generation of console but probably nowhere near a maxed out PC.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I loved the first one, and I'll definitely get the 2nd one assuming it passes the early adopter tests.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nerd game fight some mechs.