1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] The Last of Us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jun 4, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You are in the minority.
    So again, this is based on you just not liking Ellie.
    That's the thing though. This is not YOUR story to choose. This is JOEL's story and if Joel were a paragon of truth and justice and the savior of humanity then sure... we'd see him make the selfless sacrifice to save humanity (although this was not a guaranteed save and the fireflies were a very grey group; not solidified good guys, terrorists pretty much). But the point of the story is that Joel is merely human AND he's not perfect. This is a story of surviving not saving.
    Again Joel doesn't care for Ellie because he's a great person. He cares for Ellie because he needs her more than she needs him. He lies, a very bad lie for that matter, to signify to Ellie that he doesn't give a **** about anyone else or the cure and to kill all hopes of her ever fulfilling the purpose she thought she once had. Its clear she doesn't believe what he says at the end but just accepts it. She gives into selfishness; that's when she truly grows up imo. None of these naive fairy tale happy ending crap, but pure gritty survival. Every man for himself. Yada yada.

2. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Don't have a PS3 (or any console), but my gf wanted to know the story, so she searched for a video in youtube of the whole game including the cutscenes and we just watched it as a movie. :grin:

If there is one thing i could say about the character of Joel, I can't blame him. There comes a time that the best way to save the human race is to save one's own humanity first.

And i believe Joel had a good start in doing that, by not letting Ellie die.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Saw a commercial today for this game, it looked pretty good. I loved uncharted, so i'd probably like this game. My damn ps3 broke a while ago though, anybody know someone who can fix the disc reader?

4. RedRedemption

This is exactly what I did. Lol.
    Its more of a movie than anything.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Page and Butler would be, literally, perfect physical casting.

6. SunsRocketsfan

Agreed...i got bored of the game and had to force myself to finish thinking it would get better... All the missions are go to point a to kill someone. Run to point b and deliver a package. Zzzzz yawwnnn

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Noooo. The point of the game is simple. Survive.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Okay goddammit, I'm at the part where I'm suppose to take Ellen page somewhere, and where the *** do I take her? I'm lost right now, the ***!

9. mikennite

mikennite Member

[​IMG]

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

To the capital?

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't think Ellen Page would be down:

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/20...en-page-obsession-as-weird-as-the-rest-of-us/

12. VanityHalfBlack

I got one even better:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

Anyone else think Joels character was VERY similar to

[​IMG]

josh brolin in no country for old men

14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I thought the ending was amazing and perfect.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why did you hate Ellie?

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

She couldn't swim which led to the worst parts of the game where I had to use a plank to move her across, so boring. Then those times where she would do stuff without my permission and cause more trouble than good.

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

Now you're in nitpicking territory. There are far more Enjoyment than frustration in this game for sure.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

Not too satisfying of an ending. But really deep, and speaks alot of the human condition.

GTA V ALL DAY

19. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Not sure if you're talking about the cut-scenes, but in-game, her actions are completely inconsequential. She is essentially an NPC ghost during gameplay. Any trouble she caused for you is purely coincidence or imagined.

20. RedRedemption

Or scripted.