1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] The Last of Us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jun 4, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I want more. The ending wasn't even a cliffhanger but I want more. Beautiful story.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I did not. Is it too late to buy that? What does that include?

3. ashiin

ashiin Member

Just finished the game. It was quite a ride and the ending left me conflicted, but in a really good way.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Same here. Never had a game that left me thinking like that.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I was so frustrated because I didn't agree with what he was doing at the end but I have not had that kind of loss he had.

#105 Brando2101, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  6. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Just beat it. Need to let it sink in for a few more days, but my initial impression is that this is easily one of the greatest games ive ever played.

7. VanityHalfBlack

So I load the game for the first time, I'm getting a blank screen? Is it time to get a new PS3? What the hell is going on? I'm able to load back to the home screen to quit the game but why is the screen blank?? The *** is going on?

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The inline multiplayer is very addicting. Wish they had more maps though.

9. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

Went to Walmart to get the game...sold out :(

10. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

So much ado made of the ending, but to me it just feels like
    28 Days Later: The Game

11. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I want to pick this up at some point, but I think I'll wait for the price to drop or for it to go on sale some where.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just finished it now on Normal difficulty.

Will definitely replay again on hard.
    Wonder how many sleepless nights i'll have trying to navigate through rooms full of Clickers.

Quite possibly the best game i've ever played.

The ending... Eh...

*** Not really a spoiler but reveals something about the ending ***

I didn't like how it ended with the feeling Ellie was hating on Joel.

Was hoping for her to be happy with him that he never left her etc like she'd always wanted.

13. sew

sew Member

^ yeah I felt the same way when I finished the game. I think this is what they were going for.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Some spoilers:
    The whole point of the story, the whole reason any of these survivors are still fighting is revolving around their sense of purpose and hope. Joel found that hope in Ellie, even early on you could tell he started to see her more and more as a surrogate daughter to replace Sarah.

For Henry you see him give up and kill himself as soon as his brother Sam dies.

Ellie's hopefulness lied in the fact that she saw herself as the savior of the human race, the cure. It was her only way to cope with her survivor's guilt of surviving the infection while everyone around her died from it. Sure, I'm sure she also has that tinge of love for Joel, the only one that hasn't "left or died" but she also lost her main source of hope.

Although, I disagree at the end it does seem like she doesn't believe Joel; but she's willing to transfer her hope, her "something to fight for" into Joel. Ellie is usually the rebellious type, but at the end she just gives in. Joel is now her primary focus; as well as surviving.

Which is why I don't think you can make a sequel to this game without making the story too cliche. Their only purpose in life is surviving now. Which means no grand adventures, which means they won't be doing anything remotely dangerous from that point onwards.

I don't think its meant to be a happy ending. Its supposed to be the tough, gritty, grey area ending that pairs itself nicely with the rest of the story.

15. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

I don't have a PS3, and I likely never will, so I went ahead and watched a playthrough of the entire game. Undoubtedly the game of the year. If they made an entire movie of it, even with nothing but CGI, I'd pay to see it.

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You cannot say it is undoubtedly going to be game of the year with GTA5 coming out. I will say that The Last of Us is the most kick ass game I've played in a few years. But lets be real...GTA hasn't come out in years.

You should have purchased a PS3 for The Last of Us. It's worth it. I will finish it tonight.

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

GTA is cool but I always get bored of it within an hour

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I agree...I think GTA IV was the most over hyped game in the history of gaming. The missions are just tedious and boring...too repetitive for my taste. The trailers look great for GTA V, but my guess is that it'll be the same thing.

19. Baba Booey

I find your lack of imagination disturbing.

GTA4 is effing awesome, and you dont even need to play a mission to enjoy it. My last 300+ hours on that game have nothing to do with missions.

20. Baba Booey

Hell...in GTA4, I spent over an hour the other day trying to throw a cell phone at a guy's head as he looked over a 30 foot drop off. When I succeeded, it was absolutely fantastic. Any high staircase is also entertainment waiting to be mined.

You can also use slow motion while driving (which is LOTS of fun...try slow motion on a motor cycle while slide tackling pedestrians) and a bunch of other stuff that most GTA4 haters have no idea about.

The single player game of The Last of Us is better than the story mode from GTA4, but the rampage mode on GTA4 is unmatched in ANY game.